MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
You will join the Meteor programme and work in a Systems Design team for the Head of System Design - Export, managing multiple work packages to support Meteor export contracts.
Meteor is the world's most capable long-range air-to-air missile, equipping fast jet aircraft to defend the skies of more than 10 nations.Technical management;
- You will ensure the technical management within the system design skill area. This will include capturing Customer requirements and collaborating with partners, both internal and external. Typical internal partners are the Head of Export - Meteor, Aircraft Integration, Guidance and Control, Embedded Software, Simulation and Modelling, Aerodynamics, Systems Proving, and Safety.
- You will develop and deliver the work packages, with support from your colleagues, in accordance with their requirements (time, cost, quality). Typical work package outputs are;
- Performance reporting,
- Pre-trial performance modelling and Weapon Danger Area modelling,
- Trials data reporting,
- Estimating for new work.
- You will work technical issues in order to develop proposals for recommended investigations and solutions.
- You will apply system design policies and practices.
- You will contribute to the performance and development of the Meteor system design team.
- You will be responsible for multiple work package deliveries across relevant Meteor export contracts.
- You will manage these work packages -monitor, report and drive progress.
- You will maintain project control and cost to completion budgets for the work packages, with assistance from the Meteor Project Control team.
What we're looking for?
- You will provide inputs to assess the performance of those that contribute to the work packages you manage.
What's in it for you?
- Strong logical and analytical skills to address the technical nature of the work.
- Good attention to detail in textual (e.g. technical and business requirements) and logical (technical planning) contexts.
- Strong report writing and presentation skills to clearly convey technical information.
- Project Management knowledge, or an aspiration to learn and develop this skill.
- A willingness to travel across the world.
- Opportunities to travel abroad and work with international Customers.
- Gain a deep understanding of Meteor and the unique challenges of engineering world leading missile products.
- Gain a wide insight into the methods and processes of MBDA, and of national and international defence agencies. This insight will be transferable to a variety of engineering opportunities across MBDA's full product range.
- Industry leading training and development, with mobility between roles and programmes actively supported.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
We're a professional and committed team, large enough that you will be welcomed and supported, but small enough that you will be able to make a tangible difference daily. We'll support you to develop your career and will actively encourage mobility within the company, and you'll gain exposure to cross project communities of experts. The work you do will support a world leading product which delivers a key military capability to UK and export nation armed forces on MBDA UK's most profitable programme.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!