MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Salary:
Up to £60,000 (doe)Benefits:
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Software Project Lead (Bristol)
This opportunity is for a highly capable and adaptable Software Project Leader (SPL) at our Bristol site to lead the development of our surface launched defence products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability!
You should be passionate about how software fulfils the system software challenge in a complex weapon system. Our software is written in Ada with Rhapsody UML. However, we have found that these tools are readily mastered by capable software engineers and effective training, help and support will be provided if needed.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- You will need to be adaptable and creative as this role combines technical leadership, project management and team building aspects. The technical component is the largest part of the role but it also includes elements of Software Project Management.
- A strong background in software, its realisation and system wide impact with strong problem-solving skills
- You will favour a collaborative, open approach to development and have the ability to work well in a team, and maintain momentum during development. The software that you develop will be used across multiple products at several sites, so strong communication skills are crucial.
- Awareness and application of Software Quality standards such as DefStan 00-55, DO-178C or IEC61508, the Ada language and Rhapsody UML would be beneficial.
Join a great team!
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for technical leadership, software and its successful deployment. You will be working with technologies at the forefront of European weapon systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- Many of the methods and tools we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration, and consequently there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues, both within the UK and at our development sites in France and Italy
- We offer a supportive working environment with the opportunity to develop your skills across a wide range of products and technologies.
- You will be joining teams that develop software used in the most advanced weapon systems in the world within a critical and influential Software Engineering Directorate and part of a large progressive and responsive company.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers.
- You will become part of a high performing team culture.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.