Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Future Cruise/Anti-Ship Weapon (FC/ASW) is MBDA's flagship future product. We are looking for someone to lead the Missile Performance section of the System Performance team on this complex and interesting project. FC/ASW is in the Assessment Phase, a 3-year period during which the concept is to be refined to a point at which it can be progressed to design and manufacture.
The customer is looking for FC/ASW to meet some challenging Key User Requirements. System Performance is an essential part of the system design and a key indicator as to whether the design is suitable.
The role of a Missile Performance Lead is to manage the performance activities related to the missile system. This will include carrying out technical studies on missile performance and survivability as well as managing the delivery of these into the wider system performance team. Missile performance studies use models of the system to estimate key performance indicators such as range and terminal accuracy, among others. As well as missile performance, the candidate may also work on survivability performance. Survivability is a new domain within MBDA and studies the probability of success of a mission in advanced and contested environments.
The Missile Performance Lead will:
What we're looking for
- Be responsible for the delivery of missile performance data into key customer deliverables
- Ensure missile performance is well understood and succinctly delivered back into the wider System Performance team and project.
- Carry out technical studies into missile performance and survivability to help the project understand key trades and the impact of design choices
- Develop a good understanding of how the wider system affects performance and the knock on impacts of changes to the design
- Work with SMEs in Aerodynamics, Propulsion, Lethality, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Seekers (and others) to understand how each of these contribute to system performance
- Work closely with the functional domain leads to clearly capture the impact of any changes to system functionality on performance
- Coordinate the reporting of missile performance data in a clear and concise way in internal design reviews and external performance statements to customers
- Work in an agile and close-knit team. The team works in 4-week sprints, the objectives of which are agreed by the team at the start of each sprint.
- Present study conclusions and performance data to key partners including management and customers at the end of each sprint.
- Use their knowledge at the technical working level to shape future studies. As the person closest to the working level, the Missile Performance Lead will have a good understanding of how design choices affect performance and are in a good position to help guide the work done by the team
What's in it for you?
- Experience of model development or using mathematical models to assess system behaviour
- Experience of data analysis using Matlab and Simulink (or similar)
- Experience of capturing and presenting technical data.
- Experience of configuration control of models
- Tangibly shape the design of the next generation deep strike and anti-ship capability developed by MBDA
- Opportunity to develop a network, internal and external to MBDA. FC/ASW is an international project and offers the potential to work internationally with French colleagues and customers
- Practical experience of Agile principles and supporting frameworks on a Project that is driving the new ways of working in the business
- To work in a motivated and collaborative environment
- Opportunity to develop technical skills across all parts of the missile system as well as experience in mathematical modelling.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!