Actuation Equipment Systems Lead
- Closing date
- 21 May 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary - Up to £48,000 depending on experience!
A role has opened for an Equipment Systems Lead in the Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence. The Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence provides a great opportunity for a systems engineer to gain experience across a large number of international safety critical projects at every point in the development lifecycle. The ideal person for the role will be a highly motivated lead individual focused on implementation and delivery. They will be an early adopter of new technologies and keen to expand their experience into electro-mechanical systems, product-line engineering and model-based systems engineering.
The role will involve considerable collaboration across all of engineering, including: mechanical, electronics, servo, software and safety to converge on a design solution.
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of systems engineering.
- Experience in lead roles.
- Ability to communicate with all levels effectively; challenge, negotiate and influence to achieve a desired goal/outcome.
- Ability to manage ever-changing and conflicting priorities to achieve the end goal.
- Experience in a variety of engineering tools.
What will you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Gain experience across a large number of international safety critical projects at every point in the development lifecycle.
- Tackle exciting and challenging problems, as the Centre of Excellence continually pushes the boundaries of what's possible.
- Take ownership of the equipment system design, on behalf of the Equipment Design Authority and Integrated Design Team.
- Elicit and understand partner needs to develop a complete and coherent system design solution.
- Develop and refine the equipment system design during the course of project.
- Develop and refine all internally generated system requirements for the equipment.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Design Team to deliver the system design solution.
- Develop solutions to technical issues and process improvement opportunities as a member of the Actuation Systems CofEx team.
Join a great team!!
- You will be joining a dual-rolled Product Line development team: the Missile Actuator Centre of Excellence and the Actuation Systems Equipment Team jointly referred to as the Actuation Systems Centre of Excellence.
- The multifunction product focused organisation has been set up to ensure a robust and comprehensive focus can be applied to all elements of actuator product life cycle; from R&D, through development and to in-service support.
- Common architectures and design methodologies are applied to actuator design to make maximum benefit of re-use and knowledge sharing between teams working on similar products. Delivery focused teams are set up to work on project specific development programmes, but will where possible utilise the common approach to the product definition. Engineers will often work on more than one product at a time to ensure the correct skills and experience is embedded in each delivery team.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert