MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Salary:
up to £48,000 (doe)Our benefits:
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Sea Viper is currently going through its next phase of life with major upgrades proposed to be rolled out over the coming years.In support of this, a key role has arisen within the Sea Viper System Design team to support the delivery of the next phases of the new business programmes. These are high profile programmes within MBDA and, as part of the team, you will engage with many senior stakeholders in delivering the role.
A broad range of responsibilities include:
What we're looking for
- Development of a clear qualification strategy against the Sustainment programmes
- Management of the design baseline for the Sustainment programmes and Requirement baseline.
- Management of complex relationships
- Communication both internal and external on the qualification philosophy
What's in it for you?
- Broad systems engineering background covering phases of the CADMID cycle from Concept to Manufacture, including generating TRSs, interface definition, safety and certification documents.
- Broad knowledge of System design concepts.
- Ability to establish and maintain efficient and effective working relationships with stakeholders including MoD PT, WECA, MWC, DSTL, QinetiQ, BAES (Naval Ships and Maritime Services).
- Excellent communications skills; to communicate effectively across numerous levels of the stakeholder community.
- Experience of producing concise, clear and detailed technical reports.
- Ability to lead by example and motivate a high performing team.
Join a great team!
- The role covers a wide range of engineering experience, including weapon system design, radar design, and missile design.
- We are working in a dynamic environment with our customer with a host of different day to day activities.
- We offer flexible working between the office and home - agreed as required.
We are a very sociable team who enjoy working together. We have a wealth of experience within the team, with everyone more than willing to share knowledge with others. There is never a dull day!Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.