System Electronics Equipment Authority
- Closing date
- 21 May 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Join the Land Ceptor team and work to support the British Army in realising the full potential of its latest Ground Based Air Defence capability and tailoring this capability for the needs of emerging export customers. In either case, you'll be building on world-class design: incorporating new ideas, functionality and technology to deliver to our customers.
As the Equipment Requirement Authority for the weapon system electronics and processing equipment you will be responsible for all aspects of lifecycle management for the product through from design query to manufacturing delivery to ensure the Land Ceptor team continues to meet their delivery objectives and support the product as it enters service.
As a key member of the hardware team you will also be responsible for managing the product evolution to resolve obsolescence, enable technology insertion and optimise the design for future export deliveries.
What we're looking for
- A highly motivated self-starter who can work both independently and as part of a team whilst managing the priorities of a number of varied tasks in the context of a bigger picture
- A proven track record in delivering and supporting complex hardware to cost and schedule
- Able to coordinate both internal design and manufacturing teams and external suppliers
- Experience in product optimisation, industrialisation and obsolescence management would be beneficial
What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to be instrumental in the evolution of the Land Ceptor system for both UK and export customers
- The ability to grow your career within a wide engineering sphere with an exposure to all stages of the engineering product lifecycle
- A challenging and varied scope of work with a good mix of short and long term objectives
- You will be responsible for defining, reporting and managing the workload in this area
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The Land Ceptor team is a dynamic, international team with a wealth of experience and knowledge to draw from. Set within a matrix organisation you will have the support of the Weapon System Equipment function to provide career development, training and exposure to the wider MBDA engineering function.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert