Bristol MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Mechanical Architects can be involved in all aspects of missile development, from the early concept studies to series production and in-service support.
The Project Delivery Lead is responsible for the management of all portfolio engineering activities associated with the delivery of the UK Complex Weapons Portfolio, including technical risks management, obsolescence management and engineering commonality management.
You will gain exposure to the whole of MBDA and influence engineering strategy for the future. This is an opportunity to use innovation and creative problem solving to drive real positive growth into the business. You will develop your career with an outstanding understanding of the business and its projects.The opportunity:
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Work with projects to improve the efficiency of Commonality, Modularity & Reuse and reduce hardships
- Review predicted and measured benefits to ensure realism from an engineering point of view
- Work with internal teams to ensure that programme plans for dependencies exist
- Supporting internal teams road-mapping activities
- Act as the point of contact between Functions, Equipment Teams, Centres of Excellence and the Portfolio as risks or issues arise
- Establish relationships and build and maintain structured communication channels
- Present pertinent information and deliver to the Portfolio Technical Team
- Develop, maintain and publish portfolio risk register
- Definition and management of risk tracking strategy, focusing on those affecting project deliveries imminently
- Generate a technical risk commonality map
- Provide awareness of the objectives and mission to internal and external persons as required
- Manage the risks and issues raised within projects as current obsolescences affect portfolio projects
- Ensure solutions for portfolio obsolescence removal does not affect the dependencies established
- A good understanding of design process throughout a product's life cycle
- The ability to work with, influence, and challenge where required including senior MOD and MBDA management
- A flexible mind-set, able to tackle problems and develop genuinely innovative solutions for design challenges
- Ability to understand sophisticated technical problems, often with a high degree of uncertainty, complexity and inconsistency
- Effectively manage your priorities when presented with issues from multiple projects
- Chartered, or have the desire to become chartered
- You are able to concisely summarise multi-faceted problems and influence, lead and empower teams positively
- Good knowledge and experience of mechanical & electro-mechanical design
The Portfolio team pioneers MBDA's engineering strategy. We operate in a completely outstanding position by sitting across all projects and equipment teams. The Portfolio Delivery Team reports directly to the Chief Design Engineer who will connect you to wide range of stakeholders inside and outside MBDA. Personal development is a keystone of the team and building your skills will be a priority. This is a fantastic opportunity to steer your career progression through networking and demonstration of novel thinking, with the freedom to operate in your own way to achieve your objectives.Why us?
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.