MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
MBDA's UK Seeker Division designs and develops state of the art RF and Dual Mode (RF and IR) seekers for use in guided missile programmes. An opportunity exists for an engineer with broad based skills including an appreciation of electronic, RF and mechanical design to take a key role in the design support of seeker products being produced in our manufacturing facility based at Bolton. The role requires a high degree of enthusiasm and a determination to work autonomously to support the delivery of products to the right standard and within the required timescales.What are we looking for?
We are looking for an Engineer with the initiative and the determination to investigate and resolve production problems. A broad based engineering background would be essential to the role and a detailed knowledge of test equipment would be valuable.
The successful applicant will be able to manage their own workload but also interact well with both the design and manufacturing teams working on the seeker project.What's in it for you?
What would you get?
- This role offers an opportunity to be part of a successful team working to develop new and innovative seeker solutions to address complex customer requirements.
- You will gain experience in RF/microwave seeker technologies and IR optical systems and build knowledge of various stages of seeker development, test and production.
- You will be based at Bolton and have the opportunity to interact with the design teams at Stevenage, visit suppliers, support specific seeker deliveries for trials.
What's great about the team?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more....
- The Production Support Team which is based in the factory looks after a variety of different seeker projects so there is plenty of variety - no two working days will be the same!
- The manufacturing team relies on support from the seeker design team, which is based in Stevenage, to help with highly technical problem solving. There are also strong relationships with external suppliers who provide sub-assemblies into the seeker build.
- The existing team has a wide variety of skills and knowledge and individual members work closely together when appropriate to share ideas and support each other to get the job done.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.