We are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Operator to join our Calibration & Maintenance Team, to service Mechanical Equipment. This will involve working on Process and Plant equipment, Nitrogen Systems, Environmental Chambers, high and low pressure systems. The work is extremely varied, interesting and challenging.What we're looking for
Here's what's in it for you?
- Experience in the maintenance and repair of plant and process equipment - be proficient in following manufacturer's instructions on preventative and routine maintenance requirements.
- Time served apprenticeship or NVQ Level3, C&G/ONC essential.
- Good IT skills, knowledge of SAP an advantage.
- Innovative, team player who has a passion for calibration and maintenance activities and able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of defect investigations and fault diagnosis.
- Familiarity with vacuum systems, temperature cycling systems and dew-point testing would be an advantage.
- Experience of operating low- and high-pressure air processing and test facilities (including bottled gas systems).
- Experience of working on Environmental Chambers an advantage.
- A good understanding of mechanical calibration.
We are a forward thinking team that exploits opportunities to improve and offers excellent development opportunities alongside on the job training and yearly development reviews.Our Benefits
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.The Role
Join a great team!
- Responsible for calibration and maintenance, repair and installation of Process, Test and Plant equipment, to agreed time, cost and quality.
- Working with the latest advanced test methods and technologies, with sponsored bespoke supplier and in-house training packages.
- Reporting directly to the C&M Team Leader, your working activity will see you working in an autonomous manner, with regular communication with Operation Team Leaders and Managers.
- You will be responsible for the upkeep and control of bespoke tooling and portable test equipment.
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliver in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team. The Calibration & Maintenance department is a hard working team that thrives on daily challenge and team success!Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).