Salary $145,000 - $170,000 per annum + 482 visa + relocation package + Super annuation + 5% service equity
An award winning business, Micro-X Limited is the inventor of the World’s first electronic x-ray tube (NEX technology). This novel technology, developed by Micro-X, uses Carbon Nano Tubes as field emission x-ray sources which are used to make miniature x-ray tubes. Using these tubes, Micro-X designs and manufactures a range of innovative, ultra-lightweight x-ray imaging products in medical and security applications. Launching its first products in 2016, The business continues to innovate, design and develop new pioneering products.
Job tasks & responsibilities
- Delivery of electronic solutions for Micro-X products.
- Designing PCBA’s using Altium.
- Firmware development for hardware components.
- Coordinating and performing electrical testing of prototypes and pre-production units.
- Ensuring compliance to relevant electrical safety standards.
- Supporting sustaining, cost reduction, feature enhancement and customer support troubleshooting as necessary.
- Contributing to the Micro-X development process and supporting best practice tools implementation.
- Planning and leading the delivery of assigned subsystem solutions and components working with a project team.
- Planning and implementing test plans for functional test and reliability.
- Relationship management and technical program guidance to external design partners and suppliers.
- Generation of design documents for regulatory submissions.
- Input to development program project schedules and budgets.
- Ensuring engineering standards of quality, cost, safety, timeliness and performance are observed.
- Adherence and improvements to the Micro-X quality system.
- Liaising with customers, manufacturing and other stakeholders to drive customer centric solutions.
- Configuration management of design outputs, change management process adherence.
- Liaising with customers, marketing, manufacturing and other stakeholders to drive customer centric solutions.
- Growing the Micro-X culture.
- Brand and advocacy for Micro-X and NEX technology.
- Degree Educated in Electronics engineering or similar
- 10 years + work experience within an commercial electronics engineering environment
- Experienced gained from within the medical, defence and security sectors would be highly desirable
- Highly competent in the use of Altium to design PCBA’s
- Firmware development experience
- Leading and managing delivery of sub systems
- Experience of electrical testing of prototypes & pre-production units
- Demonstrable experience of working as part of a project team within an advanced manufacturing environment
- Work with customers and peers to deliver product enhancements
- Work collaboratively to achieve best practice, process efficiency and cost reduction
- Experience of producing design documents for regulatory approval
- Demonstrate a customer centric focus