We are looking for an enthusiastic / dynamic individual to work within the team in both Operational and Project role capacities. The IT sector is constantly evolving to keep pace with both technology and threat, therefore new solutions or changes to the current environment are required on a continual basis. As the Network Security Specialist, you will be encouraged to keep your skill-set up to date, and training will be provided on new (Network related) platforms as they are introduced.
NB: Please note that the successful applicant will need to be in agreement to achieving the required levels of security clearance with acceptable restrictions or no restrictions (Secret level then Developed Vetting)What are we looking for?
Here's what's in it for you
- Prior experience of Vendor Certification such as Firewall / Proxy / DNS / DHCP configuration and management is essential.
- Experience of some /all of the following: Checkpoint / Juniper / Cisco / Palo Alto / Bluecoat / Riverbed / Infoblox
- Previous Aerospace sector experience or appreciation-of / working-at elevated security levels essential
- Experience of Cryptography (commercial and high grade) desirable
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Team player, helping and supporting the wider Information Management team
- Become part of a unique, well respected team of dedicated people that have been recognised within our company for its professionalism, dedication and flexibility.
- Having the opportunity to work both nationally and internationally, broaden your horizons by embracing the rich cultural diversity of our company.
- The chance to bring innovation and shape to the future from within the MBDA Network team.
- Be part of an organisation with a values-led culture that is committed to investing in its workforce with a personal development programme
- Overall responsibility of the Estate Security Appliance configurations: this includes guiding our 3rd Party supplier on configuration on some Networks, actual hands-on on others.
- Management and coordination of High Grade Cryptographic devices across the estate
- To manage 3rd party suppliers and delivery of solutions and services across MBDA (UK)
- Review and Approval of Project Documentation
- Liaison with colleagues and support partners to form an architecture
- Support to project management colleagues in providing specialist technical support and consultancy for project activities
- Creation of documentation and presentation materials in support of business activities
- Close cooperation with the MBDA Security Operating Centre, and Information Security teams to ensure the highest standards of Network security are maintained
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
The Greater MBDA Network ‘Group' team comprises of UK / FR / GE and IT members - although the team you are joining is primarily UK based, you will also be working with various team members of different Nationality depending on the project / work as required. All speak excellent English - no need to learn another language (but the training option is there).
We are a dynamic, focussed team providing Network services into the MBDA business where we have a constant stream of projects - from upgrades through to totally new solutions that you will take part in.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.