First Hydro Company, part of the ENGIE group, are recruiting an IT Engineer to be based at Dinorwig Power Station, Llanberis, North Wales. We are looking to evolve the onsite IT team to support the operations of the business through and beyond the ongoing major plant refurbishment of Ffestiniog and Dinorwig Pumped Storage Hydro Power Stations.
The primary activity of this role is to support the IT systems relating to the Plant Operations, Engineering and Maintenance and Business Support functions. This will span both the Industrial Control System of the plants and line of business Enterprise Applications. Activities to include application administration, maintenance, some application development, operational and end user support.
As part of a highly dynamic IT team, you will be expected to develop your skills in varying degrees across the whole breadth of the IT and Operational Technology landscape at these two remarkable Power Stations.
Depending on your specific role and skills, you will
- Act as first or second line support for business application performing Finance, Procurement and Maintenance Management functions.
- Liaise with internal Group and external suppliers for further support and manage any required developments.
- Assist the business with an evolving document management solution. Match the features available to operational needs, utilising available configuration and any ad hoc developments as required. Support the company’s Intranet and its ongoing development.
- Participate in desktop, server and network administration to support the infrastructure team members.
- Adopt excellent Cyber Security practices in every aspect of your work and participate actively in the secure operation of the business.
- Develop your understanding and skills in the secure operation of Industrial Control Systems of the plant. Work closely with the Control Engineers assisting with design, operation, maintenance and development of software solutions where required.
- There are some key in house developed applications which the successful candidate will be required to initially support, then further develop. This will require good software development skills.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to help create the future IT services for our company.
You will require the following qualifications and experience:
- Engineering, Science or Software degree, or equivalent
- Understanding of IT application support, planning and development
- Experience in Microsoft Windows environments, both desktop and server
- Experience in Local and Wide area Networking, including Firewalls and security devices
- Experience in software development, especially using Microsoft .NET technologies is desirable
- Familiarity with use and administration of Relational Databases, especially SQL Server
- Experience of successfully managing projects.
- Proven software development skills and ongoing support and maintenance of applications
- Good understanding of IT security principles.
- An understanding of networking components, protocols and systems.
- Experience using Microsoft Office and SharePoint solutions.
You will also have the following
- Ability to manage and prioritise own work.
- Work in a team with good communication skills to all levels of staff.
- An organised approach to work.
- A logical, analytical and creative approach to problems.
- Thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Business skills and commercial awareness.
This is a permanent, full-time role working 37 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary and benefits package. You must have the right to work in the UK and must not be dependent on sponsorship.