First Hydro Company, part of the ENGIE group is embarking on an exciting period of major refurbishment at both our power stations, as a result have opportunity for a C&I Engineer based at Dinorwig Power Station to join our team of skilled engineers.
With 2088MW of pumped hydro generation capacity across two Power Stations. Our assets are and will continue to be front and centre of the Government’s ambition to bring greenhouse gas emissions to net zero by 2050. The First Hydro Company assets provide the largest source of flexible and reliable electricity capacity in the UK.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Deliver lifecycle asset management of control systems which includes refurbishment, maintenance, and replacement projects within assigned budgets with supervision.
- Plan, direct and organise resources and manage contractors to deliver assigned projects in line with the Business Plan and KPIs.
- Assist with assessment, selection, and management of contracts and undertake the role of Technical Officer with supervision from line manager.
- Provide expert advice and direction within own plant area specialism to the business to develop innovative solutions to problems.
- Have a basic knowledge and understanding of other plant areas within discipline. Undertake plant and equipment maintenance and testing at First Hydro sites.
- Implement initiatives to improve the management of quality, environmental, health and safety, and contribute to the business environmental, health and safety targets.
- Assist the Head of EC&I with the residual life assessment, risk management and integrity of the plant and equipment within own plant area in order to deliver the requirements of the 5-year business plan and 15-year plant investment plan.
- Support other projects in other sections and Departments.
- Investigate, diagnose and solve causes of specific plant level problems to improve plant performance.
- Develop or utilise innovative maintenance and inspection techniques. Reading, maintaining, and improving control system documentation.
- Working closely with Operations & Maintenance to ensure production efficiency is maximised with minimal downtime. Identify opportunities and lead a wide range of modernisation and integration projects to digitise process.
To be considered for this position you should have the following
- Technical Knowledge and experience of PLC/SCADA/HMI systems and automation software i.e. Rockwell ControlLogix, FactoryTalk SE etc.
- Understanding of various programming language such as Ladder Logic, Function Block etc.
- Good IT/OT skills with a strong appreciation for cyber security Knowledge of Ethernet IP, DLR, Modbus networks Experience of data/information management and use of software packages. e.g. OSIsoft PI.
- Work within management and business procedures and corporate IT systems Knowledge of Environmental, health, and safety legislation that affects the relevant discipline.
- Functional Safety Management including risk identification and mitigation
- Degree or equivalent qualifications/experience.
- IOSH Managing Safely APM Project Management
This is a permanent, full-time role working 37 hours per week.
To be considered for this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK which is not dependent on sponsorship.