MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowSalary: £40 - £60K dependent on experience + bonus + benefits
We are building up a team of electrical/electronic engineers at different levels to work on the next generation of missile defence systems.
Make your next career move to join a hardworking and welcoming group that will support your development in an exciting direction.What we're looking for
You will be responsible for the electrical architecture and requirements for missiles and/or their associated launcher systems with duties including:
- system electrical requirements
- interface definitions and characteristics between subsystems/equipment
- power architecture, including power budget and power profiles
- data communication and processing architecture
- requirements for EMC, bonding, grounding and screening
- signal safety, including routing of safety related signals
b) Supporting test and fault-finding activities during compatibility checks, risk reduction, system proving/qualification and integration
c) Reviewing and authoring reports, guidelines and processes
d) Design assessments and analysis
e) Working to defence/industry standards
f) Attending and supporting design reviews
Alternatively, acting as the Equipment Manager for specific electrical/electronic equipment integral to a missile or launcher system you will:
- Project manage the equipment during development, qualification and manufacture
- Produce Statements of Work for the associated design authority
- Build and update plans showing activities
- Manage internal & external design authorities for delivery of hardware, software and deliverables to schedule, cost, quality and performance
- Hold regular progress reviews
- Review qualification verification evidence
- Supervise and find resolution to equipment non-compliances
- Attend and support design reviews
You may provide technical supervision to other specialists within the team and indirect management of engineers in the extended project team. There may also be opportunities for international travel to suppliers, customers, and other MBDA sites in Europe. Movement between roles and projects will also be possible to further your experience across the company. Training courses are available to ensure your future development in subject areas including technical, leadership and management, business, toolsets and languages, etc.About you/desired experience:
- Electrical/electronics, interfaces, data communication, knowledge of defence/industry standards, etc. with degree level qualification in a related subject or equivalent experience.
- A defence related background, however experience within other engineering industries is of interest
- Experience within these other areas is of interest but not essential: Military aircraft, systems engineering, power supply units, sensors, actuators, fire control systems, safety, EMC, Model Based Engineering tools, Health Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS), DOORS, Zuken, Siemens Capital.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working (e.g. working from home).Follow MBDA
on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.