Electro-mechanical Engineer Degree Apprenticeship
- Closing date
- 29 May 2022
- Electrical, Electro-Mechanical, Mechanical
- Nuclear Industry, Oil & Gas, Power, Renewables
- Job Type
- Apprentice, Intern & Placement, Graduate, Early Career
Electro-mechanical Engineer Degree Apprenticeship Here's what you'll be doing
Here at E.ON we deliver a range of energy solutions including District Heating Schemes, onsite generation and highways lighting. We want to help our customers take control of their energy and we’re always looking for new and improved ways of doing things. We work across a variety of industries using the latest technology to help build a better energy future. In the UK, City Energy Solutions & Generation has 9 power plants / CHP sites and over 64 district heating sites, with more under construction.
As part of the Engineering team as an Electro-Mechanical Engineer, you will play a key role in the design, development, construction and operations of energy solutions that will support our commercial customers shift towards cleaner energy production. The way that we use and view energy is going through massive change currently with new technologies constantly being created to help shift to a greener world. As part of this shift, projects will play a huge role in creating new schemes or products for our customers as well as shaping and supporting the necessary internal changes we face as an organisation.
You’ll spend time working with various parts of E.ON rather than staying in just one department. This will give you access to all kinds of internal and external influencers and experts. With opportunities to work on big transformation projects that require broad knowledge and flexible skills, as everyday task-based work.
You’ll attend the University of Nottingham to study for a BEng (Honours) Electro-Mechanical Engineering over 5 years E.ON will support you by providing a tailored internal development programme, to help you to attain the knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully achieve your apprenticeship, and support your career in Engineering. We are committed to your learning and after you complete your course, we will support you on your path to gaining Chartered status, as well as supporting your ongoing growth, development and training.
Some of the topics that you’ll cover within this course include:
- Principles of Electro-mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Energy Conditioning and Control
- Materials and manufacturing
- Statics and Dynamics
- Mechanics of solids
What we need from you
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs, including Grade 4 or above in English and Grade 5 or above in maths.
A Level or equivalent 3 A levels to include Maths (Grade ABB or above) . Additional A levels which will not be accepted are Citizenship Skills, General Studies and Critical Thinking.
OR Preceding level apprenticeship or equivalent demonstrable work experience in the occupation area to be reviewed on a case by case basis.
Here’s what you need to know
- We’re committed to equal opportunities and actively promote a diverse and inclusive working environment, and fairness for everyone.
- We have a market leading benefits package – it includes a, 26 days’ holiday plus 8 bank holidays, a generous pension scheme and the chance to choose from 20 flexible benefits.
- Potential pay progressions throughout the scheme based academical and placement performance, with an initial salary of £18,000.
- A dedicated buddy and mentor to support you throughout your E.ON journey.
- This role will be based at one of our Nottingham offices, with travel to other sites across the UK.
- To avoid disappointment, we strongly advise you to apply well in advance. Our schemes attract great interest and we may have to close a scheme early if all the places are filled.
- Due to the nature of this role a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check maybe required.
E.ON is committed to being an inclusive employer. We recognise that everyone is different and we aim to provide a working environment where each person feels respected, valued and able to achieve their full potential. We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. If you require any reasonable adjustments, please just let us know.
The new E.ON is one of the strongest operators of European energy networks and energy-related infrastructure, as well as a provider of advanced customer solutions for more than 50 million customers. With a total of over 75,000 employees we are represented in 15 countries. This makes us ideally positioned to help drive Europe's energy transition. By focusing on two sustainable growth areas and with the acquisition of innogy, E.ON fully commits itself to the fundamental transformation of the energy world. As one of Europe’s largest energy service providers we will actively drive the energy transition in Hungary and Europe. Combining the expertise of both companies will also make E.ON a pioneer in developing new and innovative energy solutions and attract the brightest minds in the energy sector.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert