What to expect
The Stability Control Systems department is primarily responsible for developing and delivering stability functions such as Dynamic Stability Control, Torque Vectoring by Braking, Traction Control, etc. The work covers all aspects of the controller design from requirements writing to testing and developing to a tuneable condition as well as tuning and calibration to meet vehicle attribute targets. The core group of delivery engineers for these functions are grouped together in one team to create a flexible workforce and to maximise knowledge transfer between them
The System Engineer works with the Stability Architect covering the inputs, outputs and it's architecture. The overall requirements are delivered for each programme utilising SiL, HiL and vehicle tests where required. Included in this, is conducting Functional Safety case analysis and cascading requirements to relevant owners and also assisting with managing key customer interfaces such as the DSC button and HMI. The architecture team supports the System Owner to ensure they can achieve their cascaded requirements. Strategically, the System Engineer for the SCS Architecture supports the dissemination of customer requirements to determine the architecture that is required to deliver them and therefore what the requirements of the Stability Control System are.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Support the creation of technical requirements for inputs, outputs and the architecture for the Stability Control System
* Support the delivery of those requirements at relevant gateways for each programme
* Supporting Functional Safety case analysis
* Determine new architectures and control system requirements to support the cycle plan and the system strategy
* Work with other departments to ensure interfaces are correct with other systems and new technologies
* Support whole vehicle performance targets
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Experience of automotive chassis engineering and vehicle dynamics gained in an OEM or First Tier supplier environment
* Experience in requirements management and the utilisation of DOORS or Dassault equivalent
* Understanding of concept, system and software principles from ISO26262
* Experience in the application of HiL and / or SiL for system development and validation
* Understanding of Systems Engineering principles
* Excellent team-working, organisation and communication skills
* Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard with minimum supervision.
* Candidates must be committed, flexible and able to work under pressure and beyond normal working hours when required.
* Experience in Matlab/Simulink and IPG CARMAKER and a willingness to learn other CAE packages
* Experience with Control System design and development
* Experience in tuning a Stability Control System