The purpose of this role is to support the EPAS or Rear Wheel Steer (RWS) Lead Engineer to coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of EPAS/RWS Systems.
Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Engineer will report into the relevant Group Leader and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, matrix report to the relevant Lead Engineer & Module Leader.
The role requires the individual to support the technical delivery in close co-operation with the Lead Engineer, Supplier and JLR system interfaces, also to develop and deliver the commodity plan and ensure delivery to required quality, cost and time.
* Help Deliver the EPAS/RWS component plan to quality, cost and time.
* Support delivery of EPAS/RWS to Commodity Creation & Delivery System (CCDS) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables.
* Support the lead Engineer to manage change request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Manage DV and PV test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Ability to develop steering system engineering solutions which meet defined targets on time and to required quality.
* Good team working, organisation and communication skills to work as part of the wider steering Engineering team. Able to foster good working relationships with Purchasing/STA and suppliers.
* Ability to evaluate the performance and merits of EPAS/RWS engineering output from suppliers or service partners to ensure that JLR requirements are satisfied.
* Ability to plan EPAS/RWS system delivery and manage change within the Vehicle Programme requirements.
* Ability to manage and evaluate DV/PV testing, report on results and resolve issues.
Experience of JLR processes including WERS releasing, AIM, APQP, FMEA, RMDV, Smartsheets.