What to expect
The role is to author and maintain Engineering standards for customer related features for the lighting team of Body Engineering. The author will be an integral member of the core lighting team and produce new standards on their behalf. The author will liaise with the appropriate functions throughout the company to ensure that relevant and necessary information is captured for dissemination to project teams.
Where existing standards are required to be updated the author willbe driven by the data output from the FMA Quality lead team using existing generic formatting. Where technical issues arise these will need to be discussed with the appropriate Engineering specialist. Once the standard is created the author will progress the standard through the SDOTS process to RMDV2 upload.
Where appropriate, the standards author will be required to ‘force' the new or updated requirements into existing RMDV2 programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Review with FMA Quality lead team and other appropriate members of the lighting team for any new or updates to existing Engineering standards.
* Author Engineering Standards for Lighting.
* Maintain and update existing standards.
* Provide input into new feature development.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Excellent written communication skills (English)
* Competent user of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Previous experience in Body Engineering / Exterior / Lighting Systems environment would be beneficial but not essential.
* Automotive lighting Experience with OEM or Lighting Supplier
* An understanding of Engineering Standards and Test Procedures would be beneficial.
* Experience of authoring or using standards.
* Ability to study complex structured documentation.
* The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate a logical and methodical approach.
* Has attention to detail
* Resilient and enthusiastic, a self- motivated individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs.
* A dynamic and determined individual, highly driven, committed and results-orientated with significant pace, energy and confidence. Able to combine a short term, pragmatic focus with strategic vision.
* Ability to build working relationships