WHAT TO EXPECT
Jaguar Land Rover is increasing its capability and capacity of its Digital workforce to identify and automate activities across the Enterprise to free up colleagues to focus on more interesting and strategic elements of their role. This exciting role is part of our Intelligent Process Automation Centre of Excellence (COE) which has evolved from our Robotic Process Automation COE and combines traditional RPA technology with cognitive / Artificial Intelligence capabilities, upskilling our Digital workforce to read, interpret, analyse and support colleagues with enhanced decision-making. These new capabilities, combined with process improvement capabilities, such as lean six sigma will be applied to processes across JLR in order to unlock efficiency across end-to-end value streams by optimising delivery and improving process compliance.
As part of our new Intelligent Process Automation CoE, this exciting role encapsulates process solution design and automation development to drive maximum benefits through use of RPA and other complimentary technologies, such as Smart Workflow tools, Optical Character Recognition (OC), Natural Language Processing (NLP), Python and SQL.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The role holder works in the Control Room to manage process automations in the production environment, ensuring continuity of service through the swift triage of issues and resolution of any service disruption through engagement with IPA Development Team and Business Customers. The RPA tool of choice at Jaguar Land Rover is Blue Prism, the role holder will be experienced in working either with Blue Prism or with similar RPA tools. The Automation Controller ensures Customer are satisfied with their live service and implements code change requests in accordance with the COE operating model.
In this role, you will be expected to monitor and maintain process automation performance in the production environment, manage service level reporting with customers and also helps to triage issues with process automations in production providing swift resolution and maintaining business performance. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrae their experience in developing and testing process automations in Blue Prism, will have the ability to work to strict deadlines in order to achieve objectives, and to drive others to do so also and will need to be an excellent collaborator who is able to bring cross functional teams together to create the optimal outcome.
Key Knowledge, Skills and Responsibilites:
* Adaptable to changing circumstances and environment, dealing with conflicting priorities for self and others
* Uses initiative to proactively address issues as they occur on a day to day basis.
* Experience of working in in transformation projects using agile methodologies in a demanding corporate environment.
* Experience of providing application support - in an RPA / Blue Prism environment would be preferable
* Willingness to investigate and experiment with new and emerging technology, ensuring that at all times the IPA COE is leading edge.
* Experience in developing more junior colleagues.
* Ability to work with offshore delivery teams.
* Service Management Experience (ITIL accreditation preferred).