What to expect
The Brakes performance engineer is responsible of coordinating and conducting the braking performance tests. You will be also responsible of Brakes control functions calibration, using objective data acquisition virtual tools as well as being able to carry out subjective attribute evaluation.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Delivery of systems within Brakes engineering across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
* Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
* Contribute to the delivery of best in class brakes engineering attributes onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
* Support and maintain the Automated Issues Management System (AIMS) and track these to successful resolution.
* Work with Technical Specialists and System architect leader on Attribute target definition, new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidance.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment and applying Systems Engineering in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Good relevant experience in vehicle instrumentation, virtual tool for data acquisition, vehicle testing, data analysis, reporting of test data and subjective attribute evaluation
* Requirements Management and experience in IBM Rational DOORS or equivalent
* Good verbal and written communications
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Relevant experience of requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment
* Full driving licence
* Class 3 and 4PG driver training level (JLR internal process), or equivalent. Area will support internal process