The Applied Intelligence division of BAE Systems delivers solutions which protect and enhance the connected world. Everything we do creates a safer future.
We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
The Digital Intelligence business of BAE Systems delivers solutions which help to protect and enhance the connected world. Our solutions combine large scale data exploitation, ‘intelligencegrade’ security and complex services and solutions integration. We operate in four key domains of expertise: Cyber Security, Financial Crime, Communications Intelligence and Digital Transformation.
Everything we do creates a safer future. We want to solve problems for our customers and by bringing together great minds, we can work together to make the world a safer place.
The role of the Technical Consultant is to provide the critical skills necessary to implement, integrate, upgrade, administer, support and extend applications. Technical Consultants take ownership of one or more areas of delivery within proof of concepts, analysis and design phases, refreshes, implementations and upgrades, and provide leadership and mentoring to junior resources. Technical Consultants participate in client workshops and calls and have a good knowledge of the technologies and tools associated with configuring and deploying the Netreveal product.
We are looking for a suitable candidate, to fill a junior consultant, who has the drive to succeed, the aptitude to learn and deliver our products, and grow within the BAE team.
The specific responsibilities that relate to this role include but are not limited to:
- Provide knowledge of the functionality of one or more core NetReveal modules (such as ETL, Builder, Workbench, Visualizer, Live, Scenario Manager, WLM, Services Manager and Application Builder)
- Participate in the technical workshops during the analysis and design stages of project
- Support technical delivery of aspects of the solution
- Create the project environments mirroring the hardware and software stack to be used on client site
- Configure technical aspects of the Netreveal product e.g. Scenario Manager, WLM, Workbench, to meet client requirement
- Assist with trouble-shooting environmental & technical issues that arise in the course of deploying/configuring software
- Assist iith deploying application releases onto the project environment and on client site when required
- Assist in improvements to our software, processes or supporting documentation
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills towards clients and internal project team
- Demonstrate flexibility and ability to take the initiative on issues
- Effective and Efficient decision making ability – prioritizing, time management, etc
What are we looking for :
- Typically 2 - 5 years’ experience or equivalent in a technical role such as programming, technical/IT support, software installation.
- Grows technical knowledge of new aspects of the NetReveal product, asking for guidance where appropriate and rapidly picking up new skills.
- Technical trouble shooting skills
- Previous experience of installing software, creating test environments
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience of databases such as Oracle, DB2, SQL Server or
- Some knowledge of performance tuning at a database level
- Some knowledge of application servers such as Websphere, Weblogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss
- Good knowledge of operating systems such as Unix Solaris, AIX, Linux, HPUX
- Understanding of Java and J2EE architectures/and/or Data Server
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and Inclusion:
As a company committed to inclusion, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and on a full or part-time basis. Diverse perspectives and innovative thinking are fundamental to our continued success. As an international organisation we strongly support flexible working conditions to accommodate for working in different time zones, cultures, patterns and client facing environments. We encourage all our staff to think about how they and their teams can work flexibly to get the best balance and results for our organisation and every individual.
Division Overview: Software Engineering
Software Engineering exists to satisfy the Applied Intelligence strategy to grow in the international large-scale security market by leveraging government relationships and differentiated propositions. Our mission is to support those who defend nations, organisations and citizens from physical and cyber threats. As well as our traditional deep expertise in communications intelligence for governments and telecommunications companies, we help our customers collect, store, analyse, and extract intelligence from open source information and to fuse multiple data sources into insightful intelligence.
We also help our clients monitor cyber activity to identify new threats and threat actors within the cyber domain, locally and nationally, and build secure communications infrastructure. We are the home for advanced electronic capability within Applied Intelligence and solve our client’s requirements with a mix of advanced software and hardware solutions combined with associated services offerings.