Stevenage MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
At the pioneering edge of Systems Engineering capability, the National Technical Lead will join counterparts in Italy, France and Germany. Together with the Head of Systems Engineering, they will support and harness systems engineering culture and practices to establish cohesive national and international capability that benefits all of MBDA.
This key role will help pioneer end-to-end systems engineering in the digital domain: Model Based Engineering (encompassing Model Based Systems Engineering). It will sit within the international Capability & Governance Directorate, focusing on improvements within our engineering capability.
What are we looking for?
- Working with national capability teams & domain experts to bring appropriate cohesion to the national culture and practices
- Partnering with National Technical Leads for Systems Engineering to establish international capability
- Leadership of capability improvement projects
- Contributing to national Systems Engineering Communities of Practice or Focus Groups
- Mentoring other Systems Engineering practitioners
- Assessment of national model based practice against the engineering maturity model
What's in it for you?
- Systems engineering expertise & experience, including applying model based techniques
- Experience and confidence working with multiple, diverse partners
- Well-developed interpersonal, influencing and communication skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity, self-starting and self-motivated
- Able to plan and deliver work in a changing environment
- Experience of managing or working on improvement programmes
- Access to world class, international expertise in systems engineering
- Opportunity to shape the future
- Travel within Europe
- Training and personal development
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.What's great about the team?
- Caring, dynamic, focussed team who are passionate about improving the way we undertake our system engineering activities
- Consistently striving to deliver improvement activities - which involves reacting to new technologies, proposing changes to work more efficiently and helping to influence others
- Working with all projects and functions means that the work is very diverse and exciting
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.