WHAT TO EXPECT
The Vehicle Configuration and Test System (VCATS) Engineer is responsible for creating an optimised manufacturing process for the configuration, initialisation, calibration & test of the JLR family of vehicles within the Manufacturing Global Network. The role is responsible for liaising with, and supporting, the Product Engineering (PE) teams to define the necessary diagnostic process steps required in the manufacturing process, working with PE to ensure high risk changes include early validation opportunities thus reducing the risk to the Manufacturing build phases. The role is responsible for taking these requirements, writing the diagnostic code steps and sequencing them into the relevant VCATS processes within the Bill of Test (BoT), ensuring the optimum cycle-time, operator allocation (BMV) and Right First Time (RFT) results are achieved.
The role will be responsible for a number of commodities (Electronic Control Units aka ECU's, sub-systems, functions) and /or BoT processes eg SWDL (Software Download) and thus excellent collaborative working is required to ensure that the optimum standardised solutions are defined and implemented in support of the different manufacturing assembly line configurations currently in operation within the JLR Global Manufacturing Network.
As a member of the Process Definition & Development team, you will identify any new tool or test system requirements that are generated by the process and then ensure that the changes meet the process standard. As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) your role will be to support the Delivery Teams in the event of problems, ensuring that the fixes & containments implemented are shared to the other relevant Delivery Teams located in the Plants, and taking the experiences back to PE to ensure that future designs include the fixes.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* Ability to effectively explain complex ideas to senior key stakeholders across the business.
* Experience of integrated vehicle electrical test systems, strategies and diagnostics.
* Electronics or Software Degree, or HNC with sufficient relevant equivalent experience.
* Flexibility to travel between sites including occasional international travel.
* Understanding of manufacturing and the application of Lean techniques.
* Flexibility in working hours to match business priorities.
Increased working salary