Role - Quality Inspector Specialist
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £24,550-36,850 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
You will support Quality service delivery through appropriate methods of inspection and evaluation, in support of the requirements of their specific Quality requirements.
- Inspection and Certification of products, process, services, and trials, including in-process and final product inspection.
- Use of First Principle and Advanced inspection techniques.
- Management of Route-cards, non-conformities, and concessions.
- Management of calibrated items.
- Management of quarantined items.
- Maintenance and enhancement of skills, knowledge, and capabilities necessary to support both current and future work programmes.
- Support delivery of technical assessments and process development using appropriate methodologies.
- Contribute to the development and validation of Quality methodologies.
- Participation in experimental trials improvement activities and audits, where appropriate.
- Engagement with relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship or relevant experience and/or ONC or equivalent in a related discipline.
- Capable of developing solutions to issues in a unique manufacturing environment.
- Ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications and standards.
- Ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions, inspection reports and other specific role documentation.