WHAT TO EXPECT
Working as a key member of the HiL rig test team this role will support the build and maintenance of propulsion system hardware-in-the-loop rigs. This role is key to developing and increasing our rig test capability for our current and future propulsion systems. This is a great opportunity to work in a dynamic and agile team working across multiple functions of the propulsion system.
Key Performance Indicators
* Reduction in powertrain control system related quality issues
* Increase in powertrain software test throughput (Enabled by capable and reliable HiL facility)
* Increase in traditional vehicle tests being carried out in a HiL environment
* Reduction in manual effort required to develop automated test scripts (aligning HiL model design with automation processes)
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The development of new HiL test facilities to support engine, transmission, driveline, power electronics and inverter control units. This would be achieved through; Project management, Hardware procurement and harness design, HiL model design and implementation, Commissioning, Sign off and training for end-users.
You will also work on the development and update of plant models to support new and existing HiL facilities, the day-to-day support for rig users. As well as the maintenance of existing HiL test facilities with wiring and model updates.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* dSPACE RCP & HiL
* Understanding of real-time capable plant models for modern electrified vehicle architectures
* Experience with IPG CarMaker for real-time platforms
* Vector Tools for network monitoring
* Experience working in an agile team