What to expect
Jaguar Land Rover has an opportunity for a high calibre and experienced manufacturing engineer to join our Manufacturing Business Office.
The Industrial Strategy team develops strategic plans to support all future vehicle & power pack developments for the complete range Jaguar Land Rover vehicles.
You will be responsible for developing our new vehicle & unit programmes through the pre-KO & strategy phase whilst ensuring adherence to BCDS/PCDS.
You will have to engage & liaise with the whole manufacturing organisation and supporting functions and include the wider business enterprise as appropriate for study feasibility.
You will be a key part of the industrial strategy team, working closely with global capacity planning, vertical integration and site strategy teams.
You will utilise your knowledge to lead and co-ordinate projects & programmes to deliver the safety, quality, delivery and cost goals in the strategy phase before ensuring a robust handover.
* Lead and co-ordinate manufacturing deliverables for BCDS Projects and pre-KO PCDS projects, ensuring those are delivered on time, within budget and to world class quality levels.
* Liaison across all the ME departments and technologies including Stampings, MP&L and MPM) to ensure all interests are represented and taken into account.
* Establish manufacturing program definition including detailed costing of alternative strategies.
* Lead the handover process of programmes to relevant programme manufacturing program management team at KO gateway.
* Ensure implementation of the Vertical Integration Strategy and guarantee tactical Make vs Buy studies are completed in line with key automotive trends and Supply Chain Design.
* Lead on strategic and tactical studies in line with cycle plan activities and business requirements, through continual liaison with Product Strategy and Corporate Strategy.
* Feasibility and key technical assumptions for all International Manufacturing projects, liaising with the in-market representatives where necessary up to KO.
* Support the development of Future Global Footprint Strategy aligning with the Site strategy team.
* Coordination of Manufacturing Risk Management in line with Enterprise Risk Management reporting system for each program.
* Author & provide support to others in the creation & annual review of departmental documents & processes.
* Ensure adherence to company and departmental operating processes and policies.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time.
What you'll need
* Experience of strategic planning and project implementation.
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills.
* Sound project management experience.
* Fastidious attention to detail.
* Good communication and negotiation skills at all organisational levels.
* The ability to work well with others and lead a team who do not necessarily report to you.
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office Applications (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Project).
* Significant earlier experience of working in a manufacturing or automotive environment.
* Educated to Degree level in Manufacturing Systems or a similar engineering discipline.
* Logical and analytical thinking with creative problem-solving ability.
* Demonstrable experience of process improvement and working in a lead project role.
* Knowledge and experience of PCDS (or similar) and LQOS deliverables and timing.
This role may offer the opportunity for hybrid working where you can split your time between working from home and in the office. At Jaguar Land Rover, hybrid working is a voluntary, non-contractual arrangement providing employees with more choice and flexibility around how, when and where they work, if suitable for their role. Further details can be discussed with the Hiring Manager at interview stage.
A leading premium automotive business and leading to move towards electric autonomous vehicles.
Discounts of leasing of JLR & Ford Vehicles