Bolton MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Up to £48k DOE plus excellent benefits plus bonus
The growing workload within MBDA has created an exciting opportunity within the UK Component Engineering Team for an engineer to technically lead in electrical/electromechanical component selection.
Using your expertise, you will undertake a full range of activities; no two days are the same. You will be providing advice and guidance to the team and our customers, ensuring the selection of suitable components based on risk.
As the Principal Electrical Component Engineer, you will maintain your expertise in specialist areas and ensure that this expertise is effectively passed to others, including participating in design reviews, training and other development activities, as appropriate, enabling MBDA to maintain its capability.
There is also the opportunity to support and lead international continuous improvement initiatives, helping define best practice and manage the adoption and adherence of agreed methodologies across the teams on an international scale.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Knowledge and experience with electrical, electro mechanical and interconnect components.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate regular face to face and electronic communications with all relevant stakeholders.
- The ability to write clear and concise engineering documentation
- A unique opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills within a growing company.
- Exposure to all projects and products.
- The opportunity to work with highly talented and motivated engineers, in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Opportunities to travel and work as part of an international team.
- The chance to grow and advance your career
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The UK Component Engineering team is a small close-knit group. We all support one another to ensure we meet our deliverables. We work on all projects, subsystems and equipment, which has enabled us to develop our expertise on all commodity types within the business.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.