MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow Software Engineer (Middleware)
We are looking for capable, adaptable and inquisitive software engineers to join a small talented team to help us develop middleware solutions for the next generation of advanced missile systems.
MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world - we are looking for a software engineer to work with us to develop the next generation of products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.What we're looking for
Here's what's in it for you
- A passion for low-level software engineering, be able to innovate, and critically think to solve complex software problems
- Comfortable working with a team in a collaborative environment, communicating and contributing to design and implementation decisions, and supporting with integration
- A desire to design, develop, implement and test modular and scalable code with consideration for safety and security
- Experience in the development of embedded software for COTS hardware and be comfortable working with target hardware within a lab environment
- A good background in software engineering with knowledge of Operating Systems, I/O, Memory Management, Networking, Concurrency and Scheduling
- Ideally some experience working with Intel and ARM chipsets, Linux, real-time operating systems and hypervisors
- Ideally experience working in a continuous integration environment and be familiar with tools such as Jenkins
Join a great team!
- The middleware solutions target a large range of problems from hardware drivers to logging to web services. This provides a great opportunity for someone with a desire to be involved in many differing areas.
- The middleware solutions service multiple applications for numerous projects in the system software department. This allows the individual to be involved in many of the most advanced missile systems in the world, in multiple domains.
We're a driven team with a passion for software and its successful deployment in battlespace weapon systems. We work on technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, delivering safe, secure, and reliable products for our customers.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote workingBenefits Package
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.MBDA
is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.