MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Software Engineer (Software Developer - R04568)Salary range:
up to £60,000 (doe)Benefits:
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA produce some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We are looking to develop capable and adaptable Software Engineers within our teams at our Bristol facility. Our teams and engineers develop solutions for the next generation of Air Defence Systems; develop our evolving products whilst maintaining our enviable reputation for safety, performance and dependability.
This software developer role is suitable for both new and experienced software engineers.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- A passionate problem solver who is keen on a career as a software developer.
- A drive to improve and learn new skills, techniques, architectures and software languages.
- We primarily develop in C++ but experience in any software language will be beneficial.
Join a great team!
- This is a great role for someone with a passion for software development and its successful deployment in modern systems. You will be working with people and technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design, supporting the development of safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
- We offer a supportive working environment and we will guide and support you in developing your skills across a wide range of software technologies through our MBDA Software University.
- You will learn and develop:
- key skills in software development, its realisation and system wide impact coupled with the development of strong problem-solving skills
- an ability to work across the entire software development process from engaging with requirement authorities, designing and developing software through to automated target integration and proving.
- knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP), DDS middleware and Linux Operating Systems
- knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55, DO-178C or IEC61508 and restricted coding standards such as MISRA C++.
- strong communication skills through the experience of a collaborative, open approach to software development as part of a high performing team.
- Our teams develop software used in the most advanced weapon systems in the world within a critical and influential Software Engineering Directorate; part of a large progressive and responsive company.
- We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems - you will be working with a talented group of experienced software, systems and electronics engineers.
- We maintain a high performing team culture!
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.