MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow Salary:
Up to £60,000 (DOE), plus bonus and benefitsEmbedded Software Engineer (Bristol)
The growing workload within MBDA UK has created a great opportunity within the Embedded Software team in Bristol!
The team is tasked with supplying a full range of hard real time software solutions for the next generation of missiles. This unique opportunity will allow you to develop technical and leadership skills across our broad range of products.
You will be developing embedded, real-time software. This is a hands-on role and requires the continued development and integration of missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products. Developing software targeting C and/or C++ languages. This software will be integrated with other software from several sources, an OS, firmware and hardware.What we're looking for
What's in it for you?
- Significant experience in the development of embedded software with C and/or C++.It would be desirable for you to have knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems.
- Experience in model-based development - either using UML tools such as IBM's Rhapsody or Matlab/Simulink.
- An awareness of deploying software on real-time Operating Systems and ARM-based processing platforms. You will have an appreciation of firmware and electronics design.
- Knowledge of modern software development practices. Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & DO178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA would be advantageous.
- Our success is built upon the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out.Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
- A great role for someone with a passion for software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems.Working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can depend on.
- Many of our products and components we use in this domain are the result of strong international collaboration; consequently, there may be the opportunity to travel both within the UK and to our sites in France, Italy and Germany.
Join a great team!
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The Filton site encompasses approx. 140 Software developers with the Embedded Software team consisting of about 35 engineers within that who specialise in all aspects of embedded real-time systems. These skills are co-located providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence whose strengths are well placed to face the challenges of the future.
The team develop the software that drives some of the most advanced missile systems in the world. We apply small, focused teams of engineers to complex problems, contributing to a talented group of expert software, systems and electronics engineers developing very interesting, technically advanced products.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.