Export Contract Manager
- Closing date
- 7 Jun 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
Salary £50K to £55K DOE + bonus + benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the UK Export Contract Management Team for an ambitious, experienced and highly driven project manager who will lead and deliver a portfolio of UK export contracts. Whilst developing programming, commercial and contract delivery skills, the role is focussed on satisfying international Customers with a wide range of cultural and contractual demands.
What are we looking for?
- You will need to have proven expertise in project management and leading contract delivery in both the bid and execution phases, desirably with international customers;
- You will have a good understanding of MBDA products and services as well as underpinning engineering principles;
- You will need to have a high degree of self-motivation and drive with the ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- You will have effective interpersonal and communications skills with an open, confident and clear leadership style;
- Proven experience of people management in a leadership role as well as experience managing internal and external stakeholder relationships;
- Be prepared for international travel with an open mind to embrace different cultures;
- Experience of preparing and authorising Bid submissions, ideally with exposure in the role of Business Bid Authority;
- Proven experience of interfacing with Corporate functions such as finance, customer support, export control, project management, quality, shipping & engineering;
- Ideally qualified to degree or equivalent level with intent to pursue Professional Body registration;
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity for a structured career progression within the MBDA Export Contract Management Directorate as well as Professional Body recognition;
- Opportunity to engage with a wide range of international Customers: North and South America, the Middle East, Asia-Pacific as well as Europe;
- Opportunity for varied travel as well as develop language and cultural skills across our International Customer base
- Opportunity to provide a significant business contribution to the expanding portfolio of export contracts;
- Opportunity to interface into functional areas of MBDA UK as well as important interactions with MBDA France, MBDA Spain and MBDA Italy;
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Lead and manage the contract and commercial day to day interfaces with international Customers, ensuring good customer relationships and satisfaction for UK export contracts;
- Manage internal interfaces within MBDA, including directorates, functions and NATCO's as well as external interfaces with industrial partners;
- Anticipate and solve issues and concerns in order to fulfil the contractual commitments and deliveries as well as obtain Customer's acceptance and payment for the deliverables;
- Ensure MBDA business interests are safeguarded by timely export contract schedule adherence and robust mitigation of programme and commercial risks;
- Pre-empt and monitor potential customer claims/disputes and maximise profitability by deploying appropriate strategies for the resolution of disputes;
- Supporting Sales & Business Development in the acquisition of new business for the UK led export proposals (and multi NATCO's proposal including UK content);
What's great about the team?
- You will be joining a truly international and integrated Export Contract Management Directorate based in the UK, France, Spain and Italy with a global range of international Customers delivering the full portfolio of MBDA products and services;
- You will be working in the UK Export Contract Management team of fellow Project Management Professionals who have a wide ranging experience in the export market place based in Stevenage and Bristol;
- You will have the opportunity to be part of and shape the growth of the UK Export Contract Management team;
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert