MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrowShift work/ Shift patterns
This role is 37 hours per week, primarily based on site at Bolton, with some flexibility around start/finish times and the ability to work from home on occasion as part of dynamic working arrangements.
This opportunity is for an Engineering Team Leader with a strong technical bias to join the Manufacturing Test Engineering organisation supporting environmental and mechanical testing of electrical/electronic weapon systems and sub-assemblies during development and production product lifecycle phases. The role sits under the Manufacturing UK Test Engineering functional organisation and is based at our innovative manufacturing facility in Bolton.
Main skills & experience needed
- Management of the engineering team supporting environmental stress screening (ESS) including deployment of engineers to appropriate tasks and prioritisation.
- Providing environmental and mechanical Test Engineering technical support during Design / Development phases from initial concept through to Production Readiness Review and release to Operations.
- Supporting test facility introduction and ensuring that configuration control of equipment and facilities is in place prior to use, including generating PUWER and risk assessments, as well as supporting test specifications and operator instructions.
- Driving the team to support delivery in line with all programme and quality requirements, by maintaining and continuously improving the environmental and mechanical test capabilities.
- Carrying out staff performance and development review discussions to ensure the team maintains and develops the right levels of skills and programme output.
- Test Engineering representative at key partner meetings to report test facility status and progress of actions, and to align the team with programme priorities.
What we're looking for
- Degree/HND level of qualifications or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or a related subject, plus experience in developing, deploying and supporting environmental and vibration test facilities.
- A good understanding of thermal, vibration and mechanical (e.g. C of G, pressure) test principles and test equipment, including the use of PC-based control applications, including proven experience with vibration test and data analysis.
- Experience of managing a small team of technical specialists in a multi-functional delivery orientated organisation.
- Experience of working and collaborating with multiple stakeholders to support environmental/mechanical test facilities and capabilities in a production environment.
What's in it for you?
- The ability to plan and organise the team's work in order to ensure multiple tasks can be prioritised and delivered against Project objectives.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including generation of test specifications, operator instructions and technical reports based on higher-level requirements, using Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of vibration controllers is essential; experience of using Eurotherm thermal controllers would be beneficial.
- While not essential, an appreciation of electrical/electronic testing and experience in a defence aerospace manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
- Supportive, pro-active attitude with the ability to maintain a calm professional manner, even when priorities might be changed at the last minute.
- This role offers the opportunity to work with a variety of products of varying complexity, in both development and production, using the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for personal progression, including both technical and leadership career development paths.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.Join a great team!
We are a team of dedicated engineers in a fast-paced but friendly and inclusive manufacturing environment. The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from apprentices and graduate engineers through to experienced technical practitioners, all striving to deliver technical excellence across a number of different equipments in development and production.Why us?
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).Please Note:
MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.