What to expect
Supporting the development and integration of Suspension Control Systems into vehicles, rigs and virtual environments within a team specialising in the creation and deployment of chassis control functions. The role will include functional development of control logic, planning and execution of integration tests, supporting vehicle and rig commissioning activities, and troubleshooting technical issues within product development and production environments.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Planning and executing chassis control system integration and testing activities on rigs, vehicles and in virtual environments.
* Support manufacturing colleagues (both prototype and production) with documentation and technical assistance as required to successfully build, calibrate and test vehicles equipped with chassis control systems.
* Trouble shooting of control system issues on test rigs and vehicles; liaising with control system owners and function developers to resolve complex issues.
* Creation of specialised scripts to run on company standard tools to support ECU diagnostic services and the application / system engineers.
* Logging and analysing vehicle and system data, communicating findings to stakeholders.
* Defining network communication requirements to support the deployment of chassis control systems. Submitting requirements into the networks design process with documentation and providing support throughout the approvals process.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* An ability to work independently to solve complex technical issues using a structured approach.
* Expert knowledge of vehicle networks, ECUs, fault monitoring strategies, diagnostic routines and electronics.
* A strong understanding of chassis control systems, actuators and sensors.
* Experience of model based control function development.
* Experience with following software applications; Vector CANape & Canalyzer, MatLab Simulink.
* Experience of working with mechatronic systems.
* Knowledge of Vehicle Dynamics theory.
* Experience executing driven vehicle test procedures.
* Advanced driving permits.
* Proficiency in C and Python programming
* Experience of installing and using vehicle instrumentation and data logging equipment.
* Experience with following software applications; Targetlink, CarMaker, dSpace Control Desk.