- Jaguar Land Rover
- £33500 to £40000 per year
- Closing date
- 7 Jun 2022
- Automotive Industry
- Job Type
What to expect
Body Engineering leads the technical development of all new and mid-cycle vehicle programmes. We are responsible for developing the product concepts via the architecture, platform and system strategies that support the needs of the Business's Product Strategy & Cycle Plan requirements. The primary aim is to ensure that Jaguar Land Rover product planning decisions have the necessary strategic and technical foundation, to ensure future business success.
This role is responsible for the development of new technologies and the system integration across the business, with input into the geometry of the vehicle programmes. The individual will be involved in utilising virtual engineering tools to lead the concept development and problem resolution with cross-functional teams.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Involved in concept development and problem resolution with both Core and Programme teams, with the use of virtual engineering tools
* Deliver vehicle programme geometry as required
* Creation of Associative Vehicle Architecture (AVA) models and development of AVA standards (training given).
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested from time to time
* Cockpit team - Module, Lead, CAE and test engineers
* Vehicle Engineering
* Design / Studio engineering
* Supplier CAD / tooling engineers
* Body AVA / CAD team
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Strong IT skills with experience of using virtual engineering tools
* Skilled in Catia V5 CAD generation
* Technical and practical knowledge of Body Engineering commodities
* Previous programme delivery experience, with strong influencing and engagement skills
* Experience of concept generation and cross functionality problem resolution
* Detailed knowledge and understanding of specific car components, or systems and sub-systems
* Catia V6 CAD generation
Innovative. Trusted. Pioneering. These three qualities have always summed up Jaguar Land Rover. They have been encapsulated within the performance, luxury and excellence of all our products. They are what every person working for us lives and breathes.
We have been automotive industry pioneers for more than six decades. Jaguar debuted in 1935. Land Rover made its celebrated entrance in 1948.
From then until now, we have been at the forefront of technical innovation in all areas of vehicle development. Through our revolutionary technologies, performance and craftsmanship, we have pushed the boundaries of what the industry considers possible over and over again. Our efforts have led to some of the most iconic nameplates ever to grace the road.
With an ever-evolving history and exhilarating future, this is the place to drive your pursuit for success. This is where you'll push the boundaries of your potential. This is where you'll put excellence in motion.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert