What to expect
This role is responsible to lead the definition; development and delivery of harmonised systems solutions, consisting of multiple interconnected components, into Jaguar Land Rover vehicles for all seating programmes - legacy product, MLA High architecture and leading into a robust EMA development.
Key Performance Indicators
* System Integration - Design system logical and physical architectures, Interface Control Document and a system integration plans.
* Provide physical component concept designs / solutons for specific vehicle seat system packages.
* Evaluate multiple system design concepts and maintain integrity between system and its components to arrive at a harmonised solution / provide attachment ‘C' to help drive informed decision making.
* System Functional and Physical Architecture - Liaise with architecture teams to maintain alignment with the specified programmes, as well as electrical and physical vehicle architecture.
* System Functional and Non-Functional Analysis - carry out a range of analysis and investigations of the customer requirements to define the expected system functionality and their performance targets.
* System Design Specification - prepare system requirements specification and developing functional designs, demonstrating how the system satisfies the defined customer requirements
* Verification and Validation - Design and develop system and phycial part integration tests
* Lead cross-functional technical reviews
* Adhere to the defined systems engineering process
* Act as technical coach and team builder
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
* Delivery of systems within Seatng Systems across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
* Assist and contribute to the generation of targets and verification methods that are driven by Customer, Function Requirements and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
* Contribute to the delivery of the area onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering dicipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
* Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of multiple interconnected components including issue resolution and objective data analysis
* Work with Technical Specialists and Research Engineering on Attribute and Function Forward Strategies, including new Function Definition and Failure Mode Avoidanc
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
What you'll need
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Good relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment - ideally within the Automotive Sector
* Model based engineering (MBE) knowledge
* Requirements Management (RM) knowledge
* Good verbal and written communications
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Track record as an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills
* Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
* Full driving licence
* Relevant degree or equivalent experience preferred
* Some physical product development and delivery experience, desirable if within the seating sector
* Experience in applying Systems Engineering and in solving complex technical issues using a structured approach
* Experience in Model-based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and SysML using Matlab & Dassault Systems (or similar)
* Experience in IBM Rational DOORS or similar.
* Experience in using JIRA.
* Class 2 and/or 3 driver training level (JLR internal process), or equivalent. Area will support internal process