We have a requirement for a Senior Product Manager to join a team working for a Government client. This role is initally likely to be remote with occasional travel to the client site in the south-west of the UK (probably once a month).
- Able to translate Benefits statements and direction from Enterprise Architecture into definitions of outcomes for significant new technology enabled initiatives.
- Able to work alongside Solution Architects to define the Organisation, Process and Business aspects for major technology enabled initiatives and/or client data products
- Able to work with senior stakeholders (Extended Leadership level) to understand the vision for markets and propositions, and to describe appropriate capabilities and roadmaps
- Able to develop roadmaps for major initiatives.
- Able to and have experience of supporting the estimation of major initiatives.
- Able to utilise expert customer, market & competitor intelligence and capability information to strongly influence or develop product management strategies and approaches.
- Take responsibility for ensure the handoff from Markets to Services and/or Technology is managed at the appropriate point, with the required knowledge and skills in place for the BaU team.
- Accountable (responsible) for the product management of a full product family/category/portfolio including its longer term development/evolution
- Good understanding of product management processes including product lifecycle
- Has knowledge and some experience of product management skills, and desire to further develop them
- Superior communication skills with an ability to work with and challenge multiple senior stakeholders, tailoring the message to different directorates
- General domain knowledge in data services
- Management of a team of Product Managers
- Familiarity with using and navigating JIRA
- Experience of working on the development of Government Business Cases
- Familiarity with Agile working methodologies.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.