Role - Senior Quality Manager - Projects
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £54,250-£82,000 (dependent on experience)
AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) offers an attractive array of benefits which include:
- Market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement (270 hours a year plus every other Friday off)
- Flexible working hours
- Salary sacrifice scheme
- Consideration for either full time or part time hours. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Relocation package available (terms and conditions apply)
The role holder is the Senior Quality Manager for Mk4/Mk4A and In Service Support Projects king as a partner to the Project Managers and is responsible for delivering the defined Quality vision and strategy for the Project in line with the overall Quality plan.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Delivering the defined Quality vision and strategy for the Project in line with the overall Quality plan.
- Responsible for establishing what quality services are required to meet project needs, making informed resourcing decisions based on programme requirements and integrating that demand into the programme and quality function's resource plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Quality representation at reviews has the appropriate authority and confidence to challenge poor outputs and escalate where necessary if local resolution cannot be achieved.
- Contribute to Quality improvement as a member of the Quality function by deploying Quality Strategy across the business.
- Monitor and report on project Quality performance by reporting metrics, assessment and auditing regimes in line with business needs.
- Working with the Principal Quality Manager to ensure governance, monitoring and reporting of quality performance across all projects is timely, meaningful and supports analysis to assure delivery of project milestones.
- Promote and support reliable root-cause analysis and deployment of lessons learnt within Project QA and project management.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification and/or experience.
- Training in key ISO standards.
- Training in the use of lean and six sigma techniques and/or other related problem solving and improvement tools.
- Ability to provide strategic and tactical insight depending on the needs of the business
- Tools to deliver superior performance in a manner that achieves commitment and buy-in Well-developed influencing and stakeholder and relationship management skills, and collaborative working with a broad cross section of customers, suppliers, leaders and managers
- Designing and delivering appropriate and tailored solutions in a cost effective and cost-efficient way.
- Creative and innovative, helping others to stretch, 'vision' and simplify the way the business is conducted.
- Good knowledge of the national and international standards for quality and business management systems.
- Technical knowledge of the configuration and certification.
- Significant experience of process management and working in quality management, implementing quality and process management systems.
- Experience of leading service delivery.
- Experience of leading successful change and transformation.
- Significant experience in Problem solving and Continuous improvement.
- Experience of reviewing and auditing process, programmes, and projects