IT Project Manager for Industrial Information Systems
- Closing date
- 31 May 2022
- Design, Electrical, Electronics, Systems
- Job Type
- Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer, Engineering Manager
MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Within Information Management's (IM) the Information Systems (IS) Industrial domain is responsible for managing the Company's Industrial services within (but not limited to) SAP, MES, BI at group level and at local level for UK.
The demand for technology and services to support and deliver MBDA's growing Manufacturing business is increasing rapidly. IS industrial UK is an identified growth area and a new UK resource is required to deliver the demand coming from our Factory of the Future and Industry 4.0 initiatives.
Working within the Group Industrial department and reporting to the Head of UK Industrial, you will:
- Lead some IS Industrial projects at local level and take part in Group level projects
- Strengthen the presence of the Industrial team in UK - located in close proximity to the local internal customers, end-users and wider IM delivery team.
- Contribute on innovation activities at group and local level e.g. digital enabled manufacturing improvement projects, reduce number of applications, reduce paper processes etc.
- Contribute to increasing business added value through management of a catalogue service to end users and continuous service improvement.
- Ensure the operational delivery of Group and local industrial services to MBDA UK users.
As part of your project activities, you will:
- Work with senior customers and end-users to analyse the needs of all MBDA business units (Technical, Production and Support).
- Manage UK and International industrial IS projects with respect to cost, schedule and quality.
- Provide timely reports to project steering committees and control boards.
- Manage and coordinate the internal and external stakeholders, suppliers and vendors involved in the project.
- Be a driving force to propose innovative, new, effective and value for money Industrial solutions.
- Work at both UK and International level with FR, IT and DE countries
What we're looking for
- Project management experience within a medium to large company (whilst not essential knowledge and / or qualifications in a recognised project management framework would be beneficial)
- Experience within an engineering / manufacturing environment would be beneficial
- An awareness of IT technologies & methodologies would also be beneficial
What's in it for you?
- An opportunity to join an inclusive & supportive team.
- Be able to see the impact your efforts have on transforming a business through digital enablement.
- An opportunity to travel to our European sites
- Ideally based in Bolton but opportunities to work at one of our other sites for the right candidate
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
The Information Management team has grown significantly in the past 3 years and with it has brought together a group of individuals with a wide range of skills. During this time the team has built a positive reputation for delivery and is held in high regard amongst our colleagues.
We are a team that truly believes in a sense of team and we try to reinforce this with informal events / gatherings as well as off site events. The team are strong advocates of training & development being available to all. We aim to provide a supportive & inclusive environment for all and where possible opportunities to further your career.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We're here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families - the UK's work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.
Together. For the future of defence.
We work with purpose, knowing that every advancement provides better, smarter and more effective defence capabilities to the UK and their allies. Regarded as one of the most trusted suppliers of defence solutions in Europe, we have a relationship with the UK military spanning back over 70 years.
Whether it’s designing a future concept for the British Army, managing the procurement of a missile component or harnessing their expertise in software in order to integrate one of our products on to the newest fighter jet, all of our employees are a part of delivering a more secure tomorrow.
In addition to being the only defence company on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2022 list, MBDA are also recognised nationally with three Investors in People Gold Awards (People, Apprenticeships, and Wellbeing), a top 10 finisher on the Best Big Companies to Work For 2022 league tables.
For the latest vacancies, employer updates and stories from our people, make sure to visit and bookmark our MBDA UK Careers site.
Our values are at the core of everything we do and shape the culture of our organisation. No matter what role, our people from leadership to entry-level encompass these values knowing that they are working towards the same common goal, sharing a bigger purpose in order to protect national security and enable strategic independence.
Through promoting change with Innovation, taking ownership through Commitment, building trust through Integrity, inspiring others through Passion and encouraging collaboration through Team Spirit, we have created a place where people feel connected with each other and valued in our community.
6 Hills way
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert