We are looking for additional Data Engineers to join our team working on high-profile projects in the Central Government and Transport sector.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in the following areas:
- Designs, develops, tests and supports data collection, data integration and ETL applications to make information and data available to key client stakeholders and technical interfaces.
- Understands where the need for tight data controls arises to ensure seamless data flows around the organisation and to minimise future change.
- Models data requirements, data sources and data flows to bring order and structure to programmes of work.
- Defines how and where data is created, mastered and destroyed to ensure proper control over the lifecycle of corporate data assets.
- Understands how to add value to data – for example through data cleansing.
- Understands categories of products (and individual examples) that can be used to collect, integrate, store, visualise and govern data and metadata.
- Defines metadata to provide searchability and governance (including Records Management) for unstructured data.
Candidates should also be able to demonstrate that they are able to:
- Undertake data mapping design activities to determine how data is mapped from source to target data sources within individual ETL application components.
- Undertakes data analysis and data profiling activities to identify data quality issues that could impact the design of individual ETL application components.
- Design the appropriate data models that are needed within ETL application components.
- Develop and test individual ETL application components.
- Support complete ETL applications and frameworks.
- Can utilise a number of ETL tools including Informatica, Ab Initio, Oracle ODI and a number of the Big Data / Open Source Applications.
- Design and develop BI reporting solutions.
- Identifiy and manage reference data (internal and external).
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.