IntelligenceReveal is the next generation of the cross-source data analytics products for national security and law enforcement agencies.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing Government business unit as a Software Test Engineer. We deliver next generation communications and intelligence solutions for law enforcement agencies and compliance solutions for telecommunications companies.
At the forefront of this vision is our globally successful IntelligenceReveal solution. This suite of tools provides an analytical platform that is designed to deliver complex all-source solutions built upon open, mature, modern and flexible frameworks. This solution is used to analyze data from one, or many, sources including open source data and the Dark Web.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer with experience in testing high-performing, scalable, enterprise grade applications for our national and international customers.
Working within small focussed teams, you will work on some of the latest technologies to ingest millions of records per second into massively scalable data stores, and then process that data to provide actionable intelligence. You'll be involved with contributing to system test decisions affecting the integration of existing and future systems, including Big Data technologies and cutting edge security and threat detection systems.
You will join a strong team development team, working at our Guildford office in a relaxed, friendly but technically challenging area of the business. Depending on your skills, there may also be the opportunity for client facing work, including travel in both the U.K and abroad.
What you could be doing for us:
- Analysing test requirements, designing and producing re-usable test scripts and specifying requirements for environments, data and test tools required
- Overcoming development obstacles to deliver quality testing on time
- Reviewing test artefacts produced by peers
- Reviewing test results and modify the test suite as necessary
- Defining and creating test cases from the analysis of non-functional specifications
- Designing and executing performance test scripts, security tests and define and executing usability tests with the client
- Describing to Software Engineers how their work will be, or has been, tested such that the Software Engineers gains insight into the tester’s interpretation of the requirements
- Execute Session-based (Exploratory) Testing where scripted testing is inappropriate or requires augmentation
What background are we looking for?
- You will be experienced in defining and developing test cases/scenarios from user stories and/or requirements.
- You will be experienced in developing both functional and non-functional tests cases.
- You will work well within small teams, taking ownership of and delivering high quality tests
- You will have experience of system testing, preferably with some exposure to low level (i.e. non GUI) testing
- You will have experience of investigating root causes of discovered issues and providing corrective actions - either individually or in conjunction with the development team
- You will have experience of evaluating test results against customer requirements
- You will have experience of Defect Tracking and Knowledge Management software (Atlassian JIRA and Confluence preferred)
- You will have experience of creating comprehensive test execution reports with metrics
Essential competencies and experience
- ISTQB Foundation Qualification
- Knowledge of Testing Methodologies
- Experience in planning, estimating and designing system testing
- Test case design and execution to meet functional / use case requirements
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Customer facing skills
Desirable competencies and experience
- ISTQB Advanced Qualification
- WebAPI testing and tools
- Knowledge about Big Data environment and ecosystem
- Experience of working in Linux environment
- Shell scripting and python experience
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We'll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you'll be much more than just a job title; you'll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.