WHAT TO EXPECT
As a Senior Interior Engineer you will coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of Compliance Labels. Operating in a cross-functional organisation, Lead Engineers will report into the relevant Group Leaders and, where delivering on specific vehicle programmes, have an additional matrix report into Module Leaders. The role requires the individual to deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time whilst leading the release & validation of compliance labels for all Engineering CoCs across specific programmes.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As a Senior Interior Engineer, you will deliver the commodity plan to quality, cost and time, including maintaining the Worldwide Engineering Release System (WERS) & Labels PSW. You will actively seek to improve product, process & Standards continually, Keep abreast of Industry best practice & play lead role in deployment across Jaguar Land Rover, and manage test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues. You will resolve issues with component Engineering and Launch teams plus other stakeholders to develop designs that meet targets.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the automotive industry and the potential of automotive technology, have strong project management capabilities with the ability to multitask, and be comfortable challenging cross-functionally and at a variety of levels within the business. You will be resilient and enthusiastic, an individual able to deliver results under pressure, whilst responding constructively to new ideas and inputs.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Previous experience of leading the resolution of business, technical and process issues within a Project Team environment
* A working knowledge of product creation & delivery, change control, product definition and change management processes
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience preferred
* Previous experience within engineering or homologation departments
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with strong influencing and engagement skill