WHAT TO EXPECT:
This role is responsible to lead the 1D CAE Powertrain thermal management system virtual development for the assigned Vehicle programs.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
* Manage the 1D CAE Vehicle thermal model and the integration of all sub-systems.
* Report the virtual validation status against the system functional requirements.
* Delivery of Cooling systems designs and specifications within Powertrain across the range of Jaguar Land Rover vehicles
* Contribute to the delivery of the function onto all programmes, in line with the Systems Engineering discipline outlined by Product Creation Systems
* Provide technical support and assistance across the operational team on topics relating to the integration and harmonisation of the cooling system components including issue resolution and objective data analysis.
* Undertake any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
* Sound understanding of the Design and Development Process of complex automotive thermal systems and the application of CAE methods.
* Skilled in the use of 1D CAE methods for thermal systems design and optimisation.
* Experience with GT-Cool/GT-Power simulation software or similar, e.g. Kuli, Flowmaster, AMESim, Simulink
* Able to demonstrate good understanding of fluid flow and heat transfer principles
* Experience of model correlation to physical test data
* Analytical and problem-solving skills
* Able to demonstrate Battery Electric Vehicle understanding of the technology and systems at powertrain and vehicle level.
* Proven ability to manage own workload to meet clear and defined targets.
* Educated to degree level in Automotive, Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline
* Good verbal and written communications. Must be able to communicate and able to present information in a concise and factual manner.
* Relevant experience of system definition, system architecture development, requirements specification, design/performance modelling, systems integration, system assessment and acceptance
* Full driving licence.
* Experience and working knowledge of testing and development processes.