WHAT TO EXPECT
A fantastic entry opportunity to work in Advanced Test Systems. This role is responsible for supporting the development and daily operation of rotating machine test systems in the exciting New Product Development Centre (NPDC) and existing Whitley Power Train Test centres in Coventry. The remit of the team covers the automation of the full range of power train units: Engine (ICE), Inverter, EDU, E-machine, Vehicle & Power-train rigs. Jaguar Land Rover is at an exciting inflexion point as we transition away from ICE into Electrified products and the Advanced Systems Team needs to respond to these new challenges with new test systems.
As an Advanced Systems Engineer, you will support the development of the test automation systems including the effective integration of other tools such as application systems, ECU development aids, combustion measurement, automated calibration tools and simulation tools. You will support development of these systems to deliver timely quality data with functionality required by the engineering teams. A key objective is to maximise the automation of the entire end to end workflow, not just the test systems, and to maximise commonality across our broad test field. The role will support day-day systems issues resolution and minor enhancements to maintain effective productive work and support the Whitley test facilities to meet the programme timing plans. You will support system robustness, uptime and disaster recovery actions in support of the Annual run hours objectives.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
As an Advanced Systems Engineer, you will be supporting the role of Lead Engineer, Advanced Systems, supporting activities to ensure timely delivery of appropriate test systems configurations, and ensure effective test bed uptime to support Annual run time objectives. You will work with other teams to integrate feature such as HiL via dSPACE. As an Advanced systems engineer you will be using code within the test system to ensure the test intent of the customer teams is achieved by mapping customer requirements into a set of technical requirements and features. You will ensure these features are in place before the tests are required. As well as these new and challenging developments you will support the existing feature set to ensure our testing capabilities remain agile, easy to use and effective. You will have your own projects to plan and manage from inception to final delivery to the live systems
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the automotive industry, detailed knowledge of engine test and good delivery skills and the ability to multitask. They will be comfortable in a challenging and busy environment and able to deliver to deadlines. Ideally the candidate will be comfortable with programming mechatronic control systems. Knowledge of VBS (or similar) is a key requirement. Control engineering or System engineering skills are also applicable.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Demonstrable experience of an automation system
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Basic VBS, Python, Matlab or C Experience.
* Good negotiation skills and problem solving skills
* Working knowledge of change control and change management processes
* Knowledge of associated test bed automation and control systems (combustion systems, INCA, CAMEO, dSPACE)
* Knowledge of test bed hardware (dynamometers, conditioning systems, data acquisition systems, cell services )
* Knowledge of Puma Test automation systems including Puma Office and capabilities of Santorin Server.
* Knowledge of FEV Test automation systems including Morphee, eMotor test systems, Flexlab.
* Real time automation system experience.
* Degree or relevant equivalent experience.