Role & Purpose
BAE Systems’ DataBridge 6 is a market leading Lawful Intercept (LI) solution for deployment within a CSP’s network. Communications Service Providers (CSPs) are in the spotlight like never before. As terrorists and organised criminals make increasing use of social media and smartphones to facilitate their crimes and activities, the data they generate – which is transported by CSPs – is of huge value to Law Enforcement and National Security Agencies. It now forms a key element in their efforts to monitor threats, detect crimes and investigate and prosecute criminals.
The DataBridge team requires a Systems Integrator with a strong Linux systems background to aid in the design, test and deployment of our solution into our customers’ networks. This will involve high levels of interaction with both internal and external stakeholders, a significant amount of autonomy in finding the solutions to complex software and hardware problems, and strong analytical skills. They will be responsible for hands-on aspects including setting up and configuring hardware and software, training and supporting team members in the implementation and testing of DataBridge, and deploying the system for internal testing or to customer premises.
What will you be doing?
- Working within a large sized (~40) multi-disciplinary team.
- Customer & project based Systems Integration:
- Working alongside System Engineers and customers to understand system requirements, and design and configure DataBridge solutions matching those requirements
- Teaching and supporting teams in the implementation of DataBridge solutions
- Training project teams and end users on the use and administration of DataBridge solutions
- Deployment and testing of DataBridge solutions
- Rapid prototyping and development of demonstration systems.
- Technical contribution to bids including estimation.
- Customer support, fault investigation and troubleshooting.
What are we looking for?
- A broad technical background - someone who can investigate, interpret requirements, design, deploy and test software and platforms, and an ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies, including the DataBridge product and technology stack
- A strong ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent team working abilities including an understanding of other roles in the team, how to help each other and collaborate.
- A highly motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to approach a problem in a hands-on, practical manner.
- Someone who can think on their feet and work autonomously in a fast paced environment.
- Experience with designing and deploying production systems. Methods of business continuity, disaster proofing, load balancing, data replication/backup and HA.
- Strong background on the Linux command line and configuration of core Linux system services.
- Strong knowledge of networking, common protocols, telecommunications networking, OSI model and traffic analysis.
- Experience deploying and testing server hardening and security benchmarks such as CIS.
- Strong experience with virtualization and orchestration technologies (for example VMWare, Openstack, AWS).
- Experience with KVM, ESXI and Xen hypervisors.
- Experience with configuration management technologies (Ansible, Chef, Puppet etc).
- Moderate scripting abilities using BASH, Python or Perl.
- Understanding of REST APIs.
- Experience with designing, configuring and maintaining statistics monitoring solutions such as ELK, TICK stacks. Preferably experience with Logstash, InfluxDB and Grafana.
Understanding of software test approaches, frameworks, tools and test automation techniques; ideally at a range of levels: unit, integration and system test.
- An understanding of the principles of version control and release management. Ideally with experience of a version control tool such as Git or Perforce.
- An understanding of Agile practices and frameworks.
- Experience of web UI and front end architecture.
- Moderate background in Windows Server and Windows domain (Active directory, Group Policy etc).
- Server hardware knowledge.
- MySQL database experience.
- Containerisation, e.g. Docker / Kubernetes.
- Designing and deploying to cloud platforms, e.g. AWS / Azure.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.