WHAT TO EXPECT
Do you want to be challenged?
Do you want to make a difference?
Do you want the chance to work with and be valued as part of a team of like-minded Engineers, designing and developing the next generation of Driver Assistance and Automation technology?
At JLR, the Assisted & Automated Driving (AAD) Features and Systems Team are responsible for delivering the Customer Products and the end-to-end systems that are shaping JLR's automated driving future, working with industry leading partners, to develop cutting-edge solutions that will make our customers live simpler and safer, in a new era of modern luxury.
This role will play a pivotal part in defining, designing and integrating the systems and solutions that underpin the AAD Product Portfolio. The ideal candidate will be able to see ‘the big picture' and apply systems thinking to craft a design that meets demanding customer and regulatory requirements, while ensuring simplicity and harmonization. The systems that you will develop are the most complex and highly distributed within the automotive industry. They are safety critical and user centric - all on the backdrop of one the fastest moving technology areas in the world.
Are you up to the challenge?
WHAT YOU WILL OWN
* You will drive the evaluation of new technologies and innovate through application of systems thinking and systems engineering principles; develop the next generation of Interior Sensing and Driver Monitoring systems, contributing to the comprehensive system and architecture-level strategy and design for the chosen solutions.
* Lead the creation, development and integration of an executable system model to describe and visualize the system that will deliver the premium experience our customers expect, decomposing the solution into manageable parts.
* Carry-out early validation of the intended system behaviour and performance to ensure customers receive the level of quality they expect and deserve from our products. You will utilise industry leading techniques to validate the behaviour you have designed in the virtual series.
* Continuously iterate and improve your design, using validation results and regularly analysis of field data to determine performance indicators, making effective and necessary changes for the best customer experience.
* Apply problem solving every day to build reliability, resilience and robustness into every design you create and the engineering inquisition to hunt for the issues that may not be visible at point of problem definition as you solve the issues relating to your system.
Support the creation of the "body of knowledge" for the creation of Assisted and Automated Systems at JLR and ensure continuous improvement to methods and standardisation of systems engineer artefacts, supporting your own technical growth as well as your wider team and project.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
* The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic and a strategic thinker, with the ability to provide guidance and direction to a team or project.
* In depth knowledge of Interior Sensing, Driver Monitoring and Occupant Monitoring systems and associated technologies
* 3-5 Years relevant experience of working in a Systems Engineering environment.
* Hold a formal qualification such as degree within, Systems Engineering, Electronics, Computer Science or another relevant subject.
* Excellent communicator and the ability to present technical ideas and issues to all levels of the company.
* Effective change and configuration management skills
* Ability to author and review requirements either through a model or through requirements defined in a structured format such as EARS.
ADDITIONAL NICE TO HAVES
* Working knowledge of Model Based Systems Engineering ideally with experience in Simulink, Stateflow
* Functional Safety ISO26262
* Safety of the Intended Function
* Knowledge of Automotive Networks
* Experience in Data Analysis using either python/Matlab
* Six Sigma Knowledge & Techniques
* Working experience of Agile methods and tools