About The Team
A successful candidate for this role will work in Applied Intelligence’s Malaysian engineering centre where you will be part of an agile development team. You will have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts from both KL and the UK with opportunities to rotate to various different projects in line with business needs and your own career development goals.
What you will be doing:
- Knowledge of programming design patterns and ability to architect technically sound solutions
- Analysing requirements to produce relevant software designs
- Implementation of python and ReactJS software code with suitable unit tests
- Mentoring junior software developers
- Supporting high level estimation and planning activities following Agile software methodologies
- Supporting data ingestion and performance tuning of an elastic search solution
- Deploying solutions on Azure based Kubernetes infrastructure
- Debugging issues raised by the client and test teams to ensure swift resolution
- At least 4 years’ experience in development roles
- Articulate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with common development tools such as Git, Maven, Docker
- Ideally knowledge in project tech stack: Python, ReactJS, Elastic Search
- Experience of working in an Agile development team
- Knowledge of Azure cloud
- Experience with Kubernetes
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
Launched in 2022, Digital Intelligence is part of BAE Systems, and has a rich heritage in helping to defend nations and businesses around the world from advanced threats.
Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.