Role & Purpose
BAE Systems’ DataBridge 6 is a market leading Lawful Intercept (LI) solution for deployment within a CSP’s network. Communications Service Providers (CSPs) are in the spotlight like never before. As terrorists and organised criminals make increasing use of social media and smartphones to facilitate their crimes and activities, the data they generate – which is transported by CSPs – is of huge value to Law Enforcement and National Security Agencies. It now forms a key element in their efforts to monitor threats, detect crimes and investigate and prosecute criminals.
The DataBridge team requires a DevOps engineer to work on the design build, test and deployment of our solution into our customers’ networks. This will involve high levels of interaction with internal and possibly external stakeholders, an amount of autonomy in finding the solutions to complex problems, and strong analytical skills.
What will you be doing?
- Working within a large sized (~40) multi-disciplinary team, in a smaller team unit focused on project delivery.
- Working alongside System Engineers and customers to understand system requirements, and design and configure DataBridge solutions matching those requirements.
- Deployment and testing of DataBridge solutions.
- Customer support, fault investigation and troubleshooting.
What are we looking for?
- A broad technical background and knowledge in the essential skills.
- Experience with designing and deploying production systems. Methods of business continuity, disaster proofing, load balancing, data replication/backup and HA.
- Strong background on the Linux command line and configuration of core Linux system services.
- Strong knowledge of networking, common protocols, telecommunications networking, OSI model and traffic analysis.
- Strong experience with virtualization and orchestration technologies (for example VMWare, Openstack, AWS).
- A highly motivated problem-solver with a strong desire to approach a problem in a hands-on, practical manner.
- Excellent team working abilities.
- Someone who can think on their feet and work in a fast paced environment.
- An understanding of the principles of version control and release management. Ideally with experience of a version control tool such as Git or Perforce.
- Linux (ideally CentOS).
- Good problem solving skills.
- Basic level of scripting in Bash, Python.
- Databases: MySQL, InfluxDB.
- Statistics monitoring solutions such as ELK, TICK stacks.
- Continuous Integration: Git, Jenkins.
- Hypervisors/”Clouds”: AWS, VMWare.
- Containers: Docker.
- Orchestration/IaC & Configuration Management/CCA: CDK, Ansible.
- Understanding of REST APIs.
Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.