L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Your next role
What if we could offer you the chance to work as Sales and BD Manager alongside a team of experienced professionals? We have a new opportunity for a Sales & BD professional to join our Intelligence & Cyber EMEA division. The role will report to our Head of Sales & BD and join a team of three others. You will be responsible for the Sales & BD activities in the allocated regions and portfolios, to achieve defined annual order intake targets and profitability in line with the divisional Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and published strategy.
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
The role will require domestic and international travel up to 60% of the time. A full driving licence is required. This is a individual contributor role without direct line reports.
What the role will involve
If you are invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Closing opportunities as well as further developing and building the orders pipeline within the defined area of responsibility.
- Identifying and growing new routes to market: leading customer market towards the ICI EMEA Strategy, cultivating effective industry partnerships, developing new market opportunities and closing prospects or defined opportunities.
- Maintaining current and building new relationships with the customer and key stakeholders, including facilitating wider ICI EMEA team engagement.
- Grow Customer Funded Development (CFD) opportunities in current & new areas, leading to the funding of current technology roadmaps, new product streams and wider business prospects.
- Work with the Programmes & Engineering departments to ensure ICI EMEA has the best, most profitable response to customer needs; fully supporting the development and implementation of strategy, providing key inputs to product planning decisions by articulating market pull and customer requirements.
- Accountable for systematically analysing the market, customers and competitors in a defined region so as to deliver a highly accurate, rolling 5 year divisional order forecast and prospect pipeline.
- Develop and maintain respective KPIs relating to order forecast accuracy, win rate and opportunity pipeline effectiveness.
- Work with the Head of Business Development and Sales in developing and building the pipeline in all markets.
- Support and manage defined customer Accounts to grow the Account revenue.
What you’ll bring
The role of Sales & BD Manager requires the following experience and skills:
- Demonstrable experience in the defence and security industry developing business winning campaigns and effective capture plans to close complex prospects in the defence and security domain.
- Strong understanding of defence and security customers, the market dynamics and requirements.
- Experience of situational awareness, communications interoperability, counter UAS capability and general knowledge of operational tactical architectures.
- Closing sales opportunities of circa £5-10m as well as further developing and building the orders pipeline.
- Ability to operate a market driven approach including market assessment, market analysis and strategic relationship building.
- International and domestic experience with the appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity.
- Ability to build and maintain a network of contacts spanning the domain of interest.
- Knowledge of current (and future) defence and security capability acquisition programmes and the associated procurement processes.
- Effective relationship management, negotiating and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to interact and lead internal and external senior customers across all levels
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer a really attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours
- 12pm finish on a Friday
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service
- Private medical insurance and a health care cash plan
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Training and development opportunities
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
- Full reimbursement of professional membership cost
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.