L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Job Title – FPGA Engineers (Various Levels)
Job Location – Tewkesbury (UK)
Flexible or part time hours may be available alongside some remote working. However due to the nature of the work, most of the work is required to be done onsite.
Job ID – SAS20210110-70283
Your next role
Are you looking for an opportunity to grow and enhance your skills as a FPGA Engineer in a dynamic industry that is constantly developing and delivering innovative, next-generation capabilities? We’re hiring for multiple FPGA Engineers to join our team in various levels throughout the team. We have opportunities from junior to senior available.
At L3Harris, in our Intelligence & Cyber International (ICI) division, we work closely with UK Government and Security Agencies to shape and build cutting-edge solutions that combat the ever-evolving threats faced by the public and private sectors on a daily basis.
What the role will involve
If you’re invited to join our team of dedicated experts, the responsibilities of your role will include the following:
- Working with new and evolving technologies, sometimes outside of your immediate skill set, to solve a wide range of challenges using creative and innovative solutions.
- Design, implementation and verification of complex FPGA systems, primarily using VHDL.
- Performing research and exploratory tasks using publically available software and information sources
- Working as part of a cross functional team, to deliver new products, systems and applications, using Agile methodology.
What you’ll bring
The role of FPGA Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Experience targeting Xilinx FPGA and System on a Chip (SoC) devices, with expertise in using AXI protocol
- Proficient in FPGA simulation using Mentor Graphics Modelsim or QuestaSim tools
- Expertise using existing and legacy Xilinx FPGA build tools (ISE & Vivado)
- Demonstrable experience achieving timing closure in large high-speed designs
- Ability to utilize, develop and maintain scripted build flows (TCL/ Python)
- Experience with modern, team-based version control systems (Git)
- Strong understanding of Continuous Integration approaches and tools (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo & Docker)
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours with a condensed working week if desired
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme
- Training and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Important to know
Many of our roles require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and may be subject to government security checks.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination and offers equal opportunities for all. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.