- Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
- £40k - £60k
- Closing date
- 9 Jul 2022
- Design, Project Engineering, Research and Development
- Computing & IT, Defence, Software & Hardware, Cyber Security
- Job Type
- Graduate, Early Career, Engineer, Senior & Chartered Engineer
JOB DESCRIPTION L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Job Title – Software Engineers
Job Location –Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire
Job ID – SAS20221603-78768
Your next role
We have a number of unique opportunities for Software Engineers across our growing Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare portfolios. We collaborate with Government Agencies and the Defence sector on the next generation of state of the art Cyber Defence solutions, such as Government grade data encryption, as well as protecting against loss of life with our Force Protection technology (Electronic Countermeasures).
A Software Engineer position with us will mean getting to innovate, architect, develop and see ideas become a reality over the full lifecycle of a product. In addition, there are opportunities to work on fully funded bleeding edge research and development projects – where things really get interesting!
Our primary technologies are object orientated C++ code running on the latest generation hard and softcore processors. We develop using the latest modern C++ language features and 3rd party libraries to aid productivity. We develop our hardware in-house and utilise a selection of in–house custom Linux distros to construct bespoke architectures for focused solutions. We utilise industry leading tools to maximise development effort such as: virtualised environments, containers and web-based DevOps lifecycle tools supporting a mature toolchain to help you be as efficient as possible.
You will be involved in the full engineering lifecycle, from conception and architecture, through to low level design and implementation of embedded software in our products. You will be an integral part of a development team and there will be opportunities to work on the latest evolution of our award winning flagship CATAPAN product family, or on our Corvus development which is changing the face of Electronic Countermeasures in the Defence sector.
Our primary ICI sites are in Gloucestershire and Hampshire and Engineers make up over 50% of our workforce. If this sounds like your type of thing then we are keen to hear from you!
What you’ll bring
The role of a Software Engineer requires the following experience and skills:
- Previous Software Engineering experience with solid C++ (embedded or application) code development & review
- Solid experience of object orientated design and implementation principles (OOD,OOP)
- Experience of DevOps methods and tools such as continuous build environment, source control, automated testing and deployment
- Degree qualified or equivalent in relevant subject, or qualified by experience
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team (Software, Firmware, Hardware)
- Ability to create proficient designs from formal requirements (UML experience desirable)
- A desire to learn new technologies and to push technical boundaries
- Good communication skills to work as part of a dynamic development team
- Linux application and/or driver development experience within an embedded Linux platform desirable but not essential
- Experience of Linux kernel development and build systems (Yocto, etc) desirable but not essential
- Experience of scripting languages (Python, etc) desirable but not essential
At L3Harris, we value and appreciate everything our people do for us, and offer an attractive package. A few of our benefits are:
- Flexible working hours and hybrid working where possible
- 3.5 hour day on Fridays – finish before 12pm!
- Pension scheme of up to 7% employer contribution
- 25 days holiday per year, increasing with long service and with the opportunity to buy/sell
- Private medical insurance
- Flexible opt-in extras such as a health care cash plan, dental insurance, gym membership, critical illness cover and cycle to work scheme T
- raining and development opportunities and support with qualifications where relevant
- Mental health and wellbeing schemes
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defence technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defence and commercial technologies across space, air, land, sea and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 47,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
For over 100 years in the UK, L3Harris has demonstrated world-class engineering, manufacturing, research and development pedigree in working with the UK government and industry partners to solve complex problems and defend against evolving threats.
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert